And yes, I am officially back!
As such, I shall update on the rest of my trip. :-)
Picking up from where I last left off, we picked Aunty Su up from Heathrow Airport on 28 June 2013, Friday. And then we took a almost-2-hour car ride to Bath.
As I walked, I couldn't help but snap shots of the beautiful environment. I know I'm easily amazed but every building looked so antique and unique yet refreshing at the same time. Not anything like those in Singapore, of course.
Had lunch at a pub. My first experience of being at a pub and I have to say, it wasn't a bad one. In fact, it was way different from what I expected it to be!
Mandatory shot with Aunty Su. :-)
Mommy's dish. She had some sausages with mashed potato. By the way, they usually do pork sausages. The sauce, I believe, is barbecue sauce. Okay, I'd say it was nothing fantastic for me.
I had fish and chips, which is supposed to be their best. But I guess standards vary because I found it rather plain. Its very different from the ones they sell at our coffee shops. This is true-blue fish fillet. I enjoyed their chips though!
And Aunty Su's sandwich. Baguette with bacon strips and melted cheese. :-) It was salty though, according to Aunty Su.
That is the famous cathedral in Bath. I don't know what it is famous for but it is apparently well-known.
We walked around and saw this pair of buskers playing good music. People were crowding around the parade square just to enjoy their performance!
Because we only paid for a 2-hour stay in Bath, we couldn't do very much so we left at about 3:30PM. It was a really long ride back to Cardiff. The traffic was heavy and I fell asleep during the car ride.
The next 2 days we went to town and did a lot yet nothing at the same time. Maybe because I felt like I was being dragged around while the adults enjoyed themselves but I was just waiting for my sister to arrive so that I could get down to some real shopping.
We went to Wagamama for lunch on the second day though! They served Thai and Japanese food. Aunty Su had pad thai which wasn't too bad. Mommy had chilli ramen while I had itame with prawns. If there's anything I absolutely dislike about their noodles is that they put in a whole lot of other stuff (like onions and all), making it such a difficult process to eat just the noodles. But I'd say they were reasonable price-wise and the service there was really good!
On 1 July 2013, Monday, we went into town again. I made my first purchase in Cardiff and it happens to be an awesome pair of hidden-platform-leather-high-cuts from River Island.
It is my most expensive buy throughout the trip! I paid some £50 for it. But its really comfy and lovely! I've worn it 3 times already!
I honestly don't remember what else we did but I know Aunty Shyam picked us up and we probably went grocery shopping again before heading home. The adults made dinner and I was probably upstairs alone in the room until dinner was ready. If not, I would be with the boys downstairs.
So it was back to town again the next day. (I think town is probably the place I visited every day that week!)
But! For a change, I woke up at 6AM (UK time) to register for my modules on 3 July 2013, Wednesday! I don't remember doing much that day. Maybe because I was too worn out from waking up so early.
Let's skip Thursday. I don't remember what we did and I haven't got any photos/tweets to refresh my memory. I was probably spending time in town or some grocery store with the adults.
BUT. Come 5 July 2013, Friday, Aunty Shyam drove me to pick up the siblings at Cardiff train station! We waited for almost an hour till I managed to reunite with my sister again! :D Okay, I was happy to see my brother again but just not as excited as I was to see my sister.
More to come after I sort out the photos! :-)
As such, I shall update on the rest of my trip. :-)
Picking up from where I last left off, we picked Aunty Su up from Heathrow Airport on 28 June 2013, Friday. And then we took a almost-2-hour car ride to Bath.
With the favourite Aunt at the car park in Bath. :-)
While walking, we chanced upon this bridge which overlooked the lake and it was a pretty good view (although not captured in this picture) but featuring the generation of ladies before me!
As I walked, I couldn't help but snap shots of the beautiful environment. I know I'm easily amazed but every building looked so antique and unique yet refreshing at the same time. Not anything like those in Singapore, of course.
Had lunch at a pub. My first experience of being at a pub and I have to say, it wasn't a bad one. In fact, it was way different from what I expected it to be!
Mandatory shot with Aunty Su. :-)
I had fish and chips, which is supposed to be their best. But I guess standards vary because I found it rather plain. Its very different from the ones they sell at our coffee shops. This is true-blue fish fillet. I enjoyed their chips though!
Aunty Shyam's beef burger. Beef is also really common there. As usual, everything must come with chips!
And Aunty Su's sandwich. Baguette with bacon strips and melted cheese. :-) It was salty though, according to Aunty Su.
That is the famous cathedral in Bath. I don't know what it is famous for but it is apparently well-known.
We walked around and saw this pair of buskers playing good music. People were crowding around the parade square just to enjoy their performance!
Because we only paid for a 2-hour stay in Bath, we couldn't do very much so we left at about 3:30PM. It was a really long ride back to Cardiff. The traffic was heavy and I fell asleep during the car ride.
The next 2 days we went to town and did a lot yet nothing at the same time. Maybe because I felt like I was being dragged around while the adults enjoyed themselves but I was just waiting for my sister to arrive so that I could get down to some real shopping.
We went to Wagamama for lunch on the second day though! They served Thai and Japanese food. Aunty Su had pad thai which wasn't too bad. Mommy had chilli ramen while I had itame with prawns. If there's anything I absolutely dislike about their noodles is that they put in a whole lot of other stuff (like onions and all), making it such a difficult process to eat just the noodles. But I'd say they were reasonable price-wise and the service there was really good!
On 1 July 2013, Monday, we went into town again. I made my first purchase in Cardiff and it happens to be an awesome pair of hidden-platform-leather-high-cuts from River Island.
It is my most expensive buy throughout the trip! I paid some £50 for it. But its really comfy and lovely! I've worn it 3 times already!
I honestly don't remember what else we did but I know Aunty Shyam picked us up and we probably went grocery shopping again before heading home. The adults made dinner and I was probably upstairs alone in the room until dinner was ready. If not, I would be with the boys downstairs.
So it was back to town again the next day. (I think town is probably the place I visited every day that week!)
But! For a change, I woke up at 6AM (UK time) to register for my modules on 3 July 2013, Wednesday! I don't remember doing much that day. Maybe because I was too worn out from waking up so early.
Let's skip Thursday. I don't remember what we did and I haven't got any photos/tweets to refresh my memory. I was probably spending time in town or some grocery store with the adults.
BUT. Come 5 July 2013, Friday, Aunty Shyam drove me to pick up the siblings at Cardiff train station! We waited for almost an hour till I managed to reunite with my sister again! :D Okay, I was happy to see my brother again but just not as excited as I was to see my sister.
More to come after I sort out the photos! :-)

Comments