Skip to main content

Cardiff (Part 3)

Yes, I finally, finally am willing to update the site on the last part of my vacation in Cardiff. ☺

5 July 2013, Friday
The siblings came to join us! ♥ Aunty Shyam and I waited close to an hour for them and I couldn't express how excited I was becoming with each minute passing. (I think everyone now knows I am extremely close to my sister which explains why I couldn't wait to see her.) And when we finally reunited, I couldn't stop smiling!

We drove home and it was almost lunch time. While Aunty Shyam and I were out waiting for the siblings, Aunty Su and Mama cooked lunch so there was literally a spread awaiting us when we got home. ☺ After that, we asked the brother what he would like to have for dinner. This being his virgin experience away from home, we had to make sure everything fell nicely into place (I say we treated him like a king). Anyway, he said he felt like doing a BBQ and that was what we did!

Everyone else went out to Asda to get whatever ingredients and meat they wanted while I stayed home alone with the boys because I was too tired.




All of us enjoying our food over there. ☺


The best host ever. (Even modeling with the BBQ pit!)



Cody and Charlie. ☺ Thank God I managed to snap some nice shots of them amidst all the chaos because they were only interested in food.


I thought this shot was quite comical. ☺☺

6 July 2013, Saturday
The day started off early for all of us. The family decided to go to Cardiff Castle while Aunty Shyam and Aunty Su did their own shopping.




The castle is really old. I'm not sure how old exactly but just look at the rock walls! I was amazed over and over again. ☺



 A real-life catapult! Ain't it cool? ☺





Parts of a canteen (I suppose) from super long ago. It is really, really tiny and dull due to lack of sunlight so the pictures didn't turn out very nice.



We decided to enter this small part of the castle. I guess you could call it a tiny castle on its own. The steps were really steep so we had to be extra careful climbing up and down (especially).






Its such a nice and wide view from the highest point of that castle so I had to snap from every angle possible. ☺


And one with the most amazing sister ever. ♥







A couple of shots from another tower of the castle. I think this was where the king and queen resided in before.

And then we headed off to Cardiff Bay! On Aunty Shyam's suggestion, we walked from central to the bay and while it was a long walk, it was a fun one because I remember the adults leaving the sister and I behind and we had so much to talk about while laughing with each other. :')


Even the ground looks so much more... incredible than Singapore's.



Passed by such an official looking building while nearing the bay. The parliament house was located near the bay and I could see it from where we were!


Very bad lighting but featuring the 3 sisters! 


And one of us three siblings. ♥ I know I look fat in this photo but trust me, its because of the angle and I'm leaning forward. I don't like that I look fat too. 


With the aunts!


And this is the bay!


We actually managed to see a lone black swan! I remember Aunty Shyam saying she wants to be reincarnated as a black swan and that all the swans in Wales belong to the Queen!



Extended views from the bay. So amazing how far these waters stretch out to.

We had some ice-cream after that because it was such a hot day! And then Aunty Su went to buy some chicken from Nando's so that we could have it for dinner. We took the bus back after that. ☺

(An unintentional long post so I guess I'm going to have to stop here for now!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...