Skip to main content

Lazy Sunday.

Good evening, everyone!

Sunday is coming to an end soon and I'm quite hating the thought that tomorrow is Monday all over again.

But, on a better note, I'm 90% done with my CS2045 (Online Journalism) assignment! The only problem is I can't export the damn powerpoint as a movie without encountering screw-ups on my Macbaby. :-(

So I consulted Google who enlightened me. There's no way to do so on MacBooks. Well, thank God for Windows then.

On an even better note! I went to Causeway Point with Mommy yesterday and I got myself a new technology gadget!


My very own camera! (Its in white, yay!)

I bought the Nikon Coolpix S6600, which apparently is the latest model in the market according to the retail assistant. But I'm loving it anyway!

Its got 12x zoom and 16.0 megapixels! What's even better is, its got WiFi connection so I can transfer my photos wirelessly. The screen is also twistable.


So yes, for all those who love to take self-shots, this is the camera for you! (I took a couple of photos with Baby yesterday, fully utilizing my camera's potential.)

If you're wondering, the camera isn't actually very expensive (in my opinion). A normal digicam would cost between $200-$300. But if you pay a bit more, you get to enjoy better features! (And an awesome color since not many cameras come in white.)

Gonna carry my camera everywhere I go now as I embark on a journey to become a photojournalist and a professional at capturing the moments.

----------

I was attempting to update this site a couple of days ago but I just found it so difficult.

I figured what's difficult is getting back into writing.

I used to update this site rather frequently, always sought comfort in words and this platform gradually became my escapade. But, after a while, I just stopped. I couldn't find the time to stay in touch with my thoughts and now that I decided I should, I just can't organize my thoughts properly and translate them into words again.

Thinking back, words were all I had. And I thought that would have changed years later but, truth is, words are all I have and will always have. What better way to express myself than through words? :-)

I've been reading a lot on my horoscope recently. For those who don't know, I'm a Pisces. And they say all Pisces have tried keeping a diary and failed. I have a diary though, which I update maybe once every 1-2 months. (Personally, that's an achievement.) But I find that I love words, and everything it could do for me (or against me).

Many years ago, I began believing that words could be the most powerful weapon. Now, I believe communication is. (Being a communication student does change my perception of many things.) But I'm not going to bombard y'all with my so-called preaching. Just remember, communication is inevitable and because it is, we should all learn to communicate our thoughts appropriately without hurting/belittling others. :-)

I suddenly have so many things I want to share but I'll leave it for next time! (Meaning to say I'll be updating this site again very soon. And the next thing I want to share is something very precious to me. (': )

So stay tuned!

Have a good night's rest everyone! And all the best for the week ahead, stay strong!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...