Skip to main content

The greatest love of all;

The last day of September is always a very special day to me. And, truthfully, I look forward to this day every year because it is the one day I feel especially proud of myself, and of the person who made everything possible for me.

Happy birthday, Mummy!

In celebration of Mummy's birthday this year, she invited some close relatives to the house for dinner on Saturday.


The peach-flavoured eggless cake we got from Emicakes. (-:

We paid ~$49 for the 1kg cake and I was personally satisfied with it. Every one managed a slice of cake (there were about 20 of us, including 4 children). And what's even better is that it wasn't too sweet! I like the overall simplicity of the design and the taste was pretty decent too. (-: Quite worth the $49 we paid, in my opinion.

They also have many more designs available for birthday cakes, mostly catering to children so the range for adults' cakes were rather limited. But the major plus point would be that all their cakes are eggless so even if you're vegetarian, you can still enjoy a slice of cake. :> The only outlet I know of is at Causeway Point (Woodlands) but just Google and you'll find the other locations.


The mandatory family shot. :> Ever since the teeter came back, the house has become much livelier and noisy but in a positive sense. I like how we're spending time like this together.


And with the birthday woman! Thank you for giving me the chance to be your daughter, and thank you for being my mother. (':

On Sunday night, Mummy waited till midnight to open her birthday present we got for her. We actually gave it to her on Friday but we told her she's not allowed to open it till it was officially her birthday and surprisingly she listened to us!


Spot the excited look on her face! One is never too old for presents.


Can tell she's quite satisfied with the card. I personalized it with the sister and we added humorous content for fun. (Not going to disclose it here because its quite embarrassing and only for Mummy's personal entertainment.)


Looking into the bag with extreme curiosity. ;-)


And finally, her new addition is seeing light for the first time since Friday!


Evidently overjoyed with her present. And yay! The sister and I handpicked it. True enough, we know our mother's (expensive) taste. 


And today! I took a #ootd shot for Mummy before she left house. Not because she looked exceptionally amazing today or anything but because I wanted to remember how she looked like today. (-:

When she came back, we lazed around as usual. Watched some Korean drama and then I took a nap and woke up to Pizza Hut delivery (sponsored by the brother).


The only disappointment was the baked pasta which was too dry and burnt so we ended up throwing it away. )-: We had the classic Hawaiian pizza and that tiny pizza is the Chicken Supreme one. As you can see, the side dishes included hashbrowns, garlic bread and chicken wings (which were all nothing impressive but acceptable). (-: It wasn't a bad deal though! $42 for such a huge platter. ^-^

That's that! Today is coming to and end and I haven't done anything since school temporarily ended on Friday. I shall finish Korean homework tonight and start building up my momentum.

Sight, also craving a glass of pepsi but its unhealthy so I shall curb the craving with some green tea instead. (-:

Goodnight everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...