Skip to main content

Climax.

Starting today's update with a selfie!


Okay, not denying that I filtered it to make my complexion appear nicer. And also because I prefer myself without my glasses. I sort of feel I've nice eyes. ت ت

So! Monday has come to an end. Thankfully. I was initially dreading today because I had to wake up super early to reach Simei by 830AM for an interview. Fortunately, I was on time (the earliest, in fact) and the bus ride wasn't as terrible as I pictured it to be. I was at Tampines in less than half an hour and then I took the train which was just one station away from Simei. Even though my bag was extremely heavy today (with the iPad and the camera), I somehow managed it.

After our somewhat successful interview, we made our way back to school for the one and only lecture for the day. We were almost late if not for Melly's mom who picked us up from Commonwealth. Øª We ended up being 5 minutes early for lecture. Øª Today's lecture was a little boring though and I had trouble typing on the iPad because my nails are too long. ): But! Lecture ended early as usual and Melly and I made our way out of school while Kat went for lunch with her friends.

Reached home slightly past 3PM and had instant noodles with mandoos for lunch. Øª Rewrote my script for my Korean oral presentation (which really is just another horribly-dreaded-speech to me) and then I took a nap for almost 2 hours since the weather was so inviting. Øª

Woke up and printed all my remaining readings for the semester and, boy, I don't know if I'll be able to conquer all of them. ): Wait, that's not even a question, it's a I-have-to. And then I had dinner and bought Win's songs on iTunes. Øª For some reason, I decided to buy the album. It's the first time I actually bought anything off iTunes and it was $5.92 for 4 songs so I'm assuming its pretty worth it. (Please don't burst my bubble.)

Speaking of Win, I had wanted to post my thoughts on Team A winning the overall battle and claiming the title Winner. But I should probably save it for another time since I aim to complete at least 2 readings today and I've yet to shower. ):

So yes, till next time! Øª

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...