Skip to main content

Finally lap.

Greeting y'all with a selfie fresh after my haircut last week! ت


I went back to bangs and also took 1-inch off the ends. And I've been receiving positive feedback ever since! My friends say I look different, younger and more innocent. My family, however, don't praise my appearance very much. In fact, they don't say anything whenever I change my hairstyle. ☹

That's that!

With Monday coming to an end, I thought it'd be a good time to update this site a little before I plunge into completing a virtually never-ending list of items, which revolves around meeting deadlines and preparing for whatever upcoming (graded) assignments. Thankfully, it's the final week of school and as much as I'm nervous for the consecutive challenges, I can't wait for Friday to be over. ت

There was literally nothing much in school today.

For the first time after 5 weeks, I met my group mates to think up a phenomenon to write a 5 page report on, which is due on Friday. A bit of last minute work but the past couple of weeks have been too overwhelming for all of us. ☹ Hopefully we'll be able to produce quality work and complete everything on time. ت

And then we had a review lecture for a module whose last midterm is on Thursday. ت I'm super excited about being done with this module, even though we've a final group assignment due (on 24 November) but I still can't wait for the midterm to be over. This module hasn't been very kind to me the entire semester. I'm hoping for a B or B+ at most.

After which, I came home. ت Bought MacDonald's for lunch and the sister tried the new ebi (prawn) burger while I had my usual McChicken. I'd say the new burger wasn't anything fantastic. In fact, the prawn patties I pick up from NTUC taste much better and fresher. Thinking back, MacDonald's seem to overprice their new burgers all the time. ☹ But for the first time, I spent less than $10.

Took a nap and then I woke up to meeting Serene for dinner. It was sort of a farewell dinner because I won't be seeing her till (most probably) September/October next year if I get approved to do my exchange in Ottawa. ت

Anyway, spent a good 2 hours with her. Many moments spent recalling the past and the good future we've planned ahead. Its always a very calming and enjoyable time with Serene. She makes me feel like a worthy human, a good one at that. And she knows how to joke around, not a moment wasted on frowning. ت I absolutely love this woman so I'm going to dedicate my next post to her when I have time.

I also want to do up a post on this year's Deepavali. Many planned items to write about, I can't wait! ت

Till then, folks! Take care ت ت

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...