Skip to main content

2014

8 days into 2014 and I can safely say the year is off to a good start. ☺


Starting off the post with a group shot of Mel, Sab, Kat and myself when we met last Thursday. ☺ The initial plan was to go to Mind Cafe but it was raining so we took shelter at Plaza Sing. Sab suggested we go for some ice-cream but Baskin Robbins was too expensive so Kat brought us to this place called Merely Ice Cream., which wasn't much cheaper but still cheaper. ☺

Anyway, their ice-cream flavours are rather exquisite so it's a good idea to go try if you guys have the time. ☺ I had root beer float and Mel had salted butterscotch (?) while Sab had dark chocolate and Kat… I can't remember. ☹ But go try anyway! I remember they had green tea and other unique flavours. Plus, everything is made from fresh fruits (says their Facebook page) so all the better. ☺

Moving on!

Throwback to Christmas at the Uncle's place. ☺ (Intentionally chose photos from that day because I look… pretty. ☺)


The sister and I sporting floral headbands! ☺ I personally like hers better but we didn't know where to get something similar so I got mine from Factorie (located at ION) instead. I think mine was… $10. I haven't decided if its worth it or not since I've only used it once and I haven't grown to like it as much as I like the sister's so when I do figure out, I'll let y'all know. ☺


And one with my wonder-women. (Why do I have a feeling I've uploaded this before?)


Finally, with the mother (who punched me in the middle of her sleep 2 nights' ago because she was trying to chase away some evil spirits who came to disturb her in her sleep).

----------
I know with every new year, we tend to talk about New Year resolutions and our goals and aims and whatnot. Truth is, I used to do that too. I'd be diligent enough to write them all down, thinking it was the best way to start the year but then I realize I never do keep to my resolutions.

Halfway (or maybe even before that) through the year, I forget about my resolutions or their importance wane and I don't see the necessity to fulfill them. ☹ So I didn't write any resolutions this year. I'm like, there's no point writing them down if I'm not going to refer to them in the near future. It's very short-term - the whole hype about New Year resolutions, that is.

Generally, though, I wish for the best in 2014.

I want to become a better daughter, a better sister, a better granddaughter, a better niece, a better aunt, a better student, a better friend, a better person. ☺

It's really difficult to pinpoint one aspect I'd like to improve on because I'm lacking in many areas but be it academically or romantically or health-wise, I hope they all work out to be better. Also, always keeping my family and friends in my thoughts, I hope for them to become better than they were last year. ☺

I'd say 2013 wasn't that bad a year. It was rough, initially, because of school but after Year 1 ended, I went on a long holiday and came back feeling rejuvenated. ☺ Maybe that's the reason I did much better last semester. So the advice is to go for short getaways! Don't matter where you go really, as long as you're not cooped up at home. Short trips do help you heal, especially your mental health, which is very important (in my opinion). ☺

Mama's already planning a short trip to Seoul after I'm done with the upcoming semester so I'm really looking forward! And while I look forward, I believe I'll be equally enthusiastic about school (which starts next Monday ☹). Nonetheless, school is school and I'll go through the motion again without fail.

Sounds a bit boring but on the good side, I've Friday off! ☺☺☺ (Okay, I had Wednesday off last semester but no school on Fridays virtually means a longer weekend!)

Okay! Now that I've updated this site, I shall go on to try my best to sell off my clothes again!

(Follow my instashop at @classygeeks! ☺)

Till next post~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...