Skip to main content

Happy

Upon seeing all the #100happydays hashtags on Instagram, I thought I could attempt to do it too. Just that, since I'm no longer active on Instagram (I still browse through my feed every morning though), I shall do it here. ☺

No, I'm not going to post one every day. It's too much of a chore amidst all the deadlines I have to meet. I'll probably collate, say, 5~6 days into one post before publishing. That makes reading a whole lot easier as well, right?

But, since today is day 1, I shall make an exception. ☺

#Day1: 25 March 2014


I've already posted this photo on Instagram but I just wanted to share how proud I am to be my father's daughter. I love finding photos of my dad. It helps me appreciate him in ways I would never have imagined if not for those photos and it helps me see him in ways I would never witness for myself. ☺

I remember on my first Speech tutorial a year ago, we had an impromptu "speech". Okay, I don't know the details but I do remember saying I wished someone wrote a biography of my dad. Of course, he's not famous and no one would probably be willing to write a biography for an unknown man but it was (and still is) important to me that I know the kind of person my dad was. Not that I'll ever get the chance to again though.

----------
Went to consult my tutor this afternoon because I got a D for my first written assignment. I'm talking about the module I often refer to as the foundation to journalism. If y'all don't already know, I'm pretty interested in being in a journalism but I'm not sure I can be one at the rate I'm going. (Suddenly feels like I've mentioned this before.)

Anyway! So I went to consult her and she went through my mistakes and I, surprisingly, wasn't really all that disappointed? I don't know if I'm too ignorant or too oblivious, neither which I consider a good thing by the way. Point is, I'm not sure if she's saying I have the ability to become a journalist or if I should give up.

I know I shouldn't close my options so quickly. I'm only in my second year. (Heck, technically I've no school in Y3 because I'll be in Ottawa in the first semester and internship the second.) I mean, I would love to explore other aspects of communication but all I've really done is… journalism modules. In my head, I wanted to prepare myself as much as possible for the journalist-life ahead. Now I don't even know if that's going to come true…

Oh well, things will probably work out somehow. ☺

Just recalled we had a mini test today on famous people throughout the world and there were 12 figures but I don't know any of them except Pope Francis and Ho Ching (but I didn't write this one down). That means I got 0 for my test. Now that's a first. This module really opens my eyes to things I never knew I was capable of.

Now then, I shall head to bed even though I intended to prepare for tomorrow's test. Wish me luck~

Goodnight folks! ☺

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...