Skip to main content

THE WINTER SOLDIER

Just got home from watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier, courtesy of Hedwig.

(Sidetrack, I just realize the second last post is centered and I've no idea why.)

Anyway! We got free tickets from Hedwig to watch Captain America and I'm glad I didn't let the chance slip. ☺

It was a pretty awesome movie. Got me hooked for a good 2 hours (and not many movies can do that). You'll probably get all the information you need if you ask Google but I just gotta say it's one of the movies I wouldn't want to miss out on.

Haven't been much of a Marvel fan so I'm not really familiar with all the characters. I think the first time I actually saw Captain America was in Avengers. He wasn't my favourite character then but I see him in a different light after today. As in, quite an awesome one in fact.

If my rating counted, I'll give it a 4/5. The effects were really amazing. It's really amazing how technology now recreates what was once thoughts or imaginations into visuals. I was pretty impressed with all the effects. ☺

Also, kudos to the plot. Can't spoil it here but there was a twist somewhere and I was slightly taken aback (in a good way). And as usual, they teased us for the next movie right at the end.

Today also happens to be Intellectual Property Day and so before the movie, this guy (I'm sorry I can't remember who he is) spoke to us about IP rights and all. I was telling Mel maybe that's why Singapore is trying to ban The Pirate Bay. Not encouraging piracy but there are really some old movies you would easily find online but not in the stores. Either way! If you can, don't torrent your movies. Support originality!

Being in WKW really gives me an insight to the filming and editing process and I sure as hell wouldn't want someone else ripping off my work for free after all the time and effort (and sometime hardship) I put in.

Other than that, I haven't done anything productive today. The truth stands that I've have 2 papers next week and yet I don't feel the urgency to start revising.

Well then! Ending off the post with an outfit I wore today.

Dress from MDS - $39.90

Matched with a white pair of canvas shoes (£4 from London but you can get them from Rubi) and carried my gold studded black sling bag (birthday present from my cousin). As you can tell, I don't accessorize a lot. I wore a white strapped watch, that's all.

I find loud dresses like this one really easygoing. ☺ But be prepared, it's rather body-hugging. Other than that, I love it to bits. This one is slightly long for me but MDS just released a petite version so grab yours while it's still available! ☺

Gonna wash up and sleep now. Goodnight everyone!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...