Skip to main content

Moonlight

Now playing: EXO-M - Moonlight 月光

Good day, folks!

Greeting y'all again because it's been a good day and I want to remember it for as long as I can. ☺

Earlier today I woke up at 11AM. Surprisingly late but it seems my body clock has shifted again. I used to wake up around 9AM without an alarm and I think of that as a good thing but these days I've become sooooo tired I don't wake up unless I need to pee.

But anyway, yes, I woke up at 11AM. ☺ I went for a jog around noon because the weather was lovely - 28° outside. I had to take advantage of that so I went for a quick jog (and burnt 221 calories according to Runtastic).

Today's run felt slightly different. No, I'm pretty sure my stamina did not improve in 5 days but my heart was beating extremely fast and it wouldn't slow down even as I cooled down. (That is weird, right?) For a moment there, I thought I was about to die. Thank God I'm alive, really.

So I came home and prepared to meet Nisa and Kamalia. ☺ Explains why today has been a good day.

I haven't met Kamalia since last year and Nisa… I think I met her once this year but I don't quite remember. Either way, we must have been really busy with school and stuff but so glad we managed to find time now that the semester has ended.

We went to Manhattan's Fish Market for lunch and then walked around the mall. I wanted to go get jelly sandals from Cotton On and Kamalia wanted to go into Uniqlo (which we did). I also got some writing paper from ArtBox. ☺ In the end, Kamalia didn't buy anything but Nisa bought 2 tops from Uniqlo for her sister.

And we finally remembered to take photos today!


Our first successful shot using Uniqlo's mirror, as suggested by Kamalia. Nisa and I were embarrassed at the idea at first but it worked out somehow. So glad the staff didn't notice what we were trying to do.

And because Nisa wanted to take polaroid shots, we headed outside to the joy rides. We didn't know who to ask to help us take the photo so I whipped out my handy camera and took some shots before Kamalia approached the guy inside the shop right in front of the joy ride.


Spot those creeper eyes

After all our polaroid shots, I wanted to take a nice photo of all of them but I couldn't find nice lighting so we went back into Uniqlo.


I honestly love our polaroid shots so much!


One more before we parted ways.

So, so happy I met these girls today. It's been too long. So glad to know school hasn't changed any one of us. ☺ Haven't had a good laugh in a long while but these girls totally made my day. Thankful I met y'all in Crescent and became close in NYJC. Thank you for sticking by me through all my scandals and holding me together when I was going through a tough time.

Ending off today's post with what I wore:

Necklace - Lovisa / Top - MDS / Skirt - New Look / Bag - Coach / Shoes - Rubi

Sporting the same top I matched with my midi skirt some posts back. Gotta love how versatile the overlay cropped top is. I never thought it would go well with my embossed skirt but so glad it did. ☺

Also, I bought my skirt back when I was in Cardiff and it's the third time I've worn it. Not a very flattering skirt but still in love with the details! It's so dainty and pretty I knew I had to buy it. No regrets, no regrets. 

Still wondering if the shoes don't complete the outfit well enough but it is the sister's so no complains. Am really satisfied with the jelly sandals (transparent) I bought from Cotton On! Think I might wear it out tomorrow. ☺

Next on my list is a pair of ripped jeans. Maybe I should try to rip a pair of my old jeans…

With that, it's finally starting to rain and I'm going to sleep off this pounding headache.

Goodnight everyone! ☺

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...