Skip to main content

MOTHER'S DAY 2014

A bit belated but here's wishing all mothers: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

I've always believed these set dates (e.g. Father's Day, Mother's Day, etc) are pretty over-commercialized but they have their purposes, especially for those who live every single day forgetting to be thankful to your mother.

For me, I'm generous with my 'I love you's. I make it a point to tell Mama I love her at least once every day, usually before we both go to bed.

Mama is really… a wonder-wall to me.

She raised the 3 of us on her own when Papa passed away suddenly 14 years ago. I was too young back then to understand what that meant but now I sort of figured how hard and challenging it must have been to bring us up. I'm really proud of Mama for fulfilling all the duties of both a father and mother. ❤

Unfortunately, though, we didn't celebrate Mother's Day this year because Mama was busy completing her coursework. She's been working hard the past 6~7 weeks, undergoing an 8-week course that will certify her qualified trainer at the end. In fact, we wanted to go out for lunch today but she was stuck on her computer since morning. ☹

Nonetheless, Mama is truly one amazing woman.


Hehe, I love you, Mama! ☺

We will always have our differences and we will always squabble from time to time but believe me when I say I love you. I know you've gone through a great deal bringing us up and I'm proud to say where I am today would not be possible without your undying support and unconditional love. As cheesy and cliche as it may sound, you're the pillar of strength I rely on constantly. And no matter how old I grow, I'll always be your baby girl. ❤

I may not be able to support you yet but in time to come, please trust that I will. I'm forever thankful I'm born your daughter and that even though I know you're sometimes disappointed in me (and my grades), you've embraced me over and over again. Thank you, Mama.

As a gift, the 3 of us bought her an agnés b wallet.

She didn't manage to change into her new wallet on Sunday so instead she told us to take a photo of the wallet so that she can show it off to her classmates. ☺

With that, goodnight every one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...