Skip to main content

RAMENPLAY

Good day, y'all!

It's been a good day thus far. ☺

I went to relief 2 classes today from 2 to 6PM and, boy, I was so drained by the end of the day. I really respect the tutors who can teach Secondary Math consecutively for hours.

Anyway, I managed to leave on time and zoomed to meet Mama for dinner at Novena. She's been wanting to try RamenPlay, which was where we had dinner.

I was probably too tired so I didn't feel hungry at all. I couldn't bring myself to finish the food either. I felt like puking the whole day - after lunch and then after dinner. The food didn't seem to settle well in my stomach. Either way, it was our first time at RamenPlay and the food wasn't too bad.

In order of the food that came:

Crispy Chicken Gyoza (5 pieces)

I realize gyoza is a must-have for Mama whenever she goes to a Japanese restaurant. I'd say the gyoza I had today is probably one of the best ever. ☺

Tori Momo Don Set ($13.80)

I didn't have many choices to choose from since most meals had pork so I chose this rice set that is topped with chicken and egg. ☺

It might have been more delicious if I was in the mood for it but it tasted greasy today. Too greasy for my liking, in fact. You'd expect the egg to be half-cooked but it was surprisingly rather cooked (which is good).

The set came with 2 agedashi tofu and a bowl of miso soup. I never liked miso soup and today's serving proved me right. It was too salty! The tofu, though, wasn't too bad although I prefer Sakae Sushi's one better.

Close-up:

It glistens in the light so it's either really oily or really tasteful.

Teriyaki Chicken Tonkatsu Ramen ($12.80)

Instead of your standard ramen, Mama chose the kyushu noodles. The broth is pork-based so I didn't try it but Mama seemed to have enjoyed her meal. ☺ She said the kyushu noodles tasted better than the normal ramen so you guys should try it for yourself.

For desserts, we went with the traditional matcha ice-cream with azuki beans:


Total bill came up to $46.84. Too expensive, in my opinion, for this standard of food.

Ending today's post with an outfit I pulled together for the day:

Dress: MDS / Cardigan: Cotton On / Shoes: Random shop in UK

I ought to get a new pair of white sneakers. The pair I'm wearing is almost a year old now and I've used  it so much it's starting to come apart. 

Also, the dress I'm wearing seems a bit long because I bought the regular cut. Sometimes, MDS releases petite versions of their dresses but I'm impatient as usual so I bought the regular one. ☺

Oh, and I love dresses like this because the cut of the dress makes me look shapely. And it's such a versatile piece! You can pull over a cardigan/blazer to make it seem less informal. I went with the cardigan because I don't have to look all formal when all I do is teach in a rather informal setting. ☺ I'm sure it'd look great with a black blazer.

Shoes wise, I only have this pair of white but I suppose it'll go well with a pair of neutral-colored wedges as well. By that, I really mean either black or white.

I wore a simple necklace. It's actually a staple piece for me for fengshui reasons but you can easily match it with anything small/light. I rather not chunky I don't know why. I somehow lean towards the gold-end for accessories when it comes to dresses like that.

I also downplayed on my shoes when my outfit is a bit loud to balance out. ☺

That's that.

On a side note! I've finally gone back to exercising. ☺☺☺ So exciting because I've been procrastinating about it but now that I've all the time ever jogging actually becomes fun.

Almost 10PM! I'm gonna shower and rest for the night, hehe.

Goodnight y'all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...