Hello, hello!
Okay, before I actually move on to real content, allow me to first embed a MV!
Okay, before I actually move on to real content, allow me to first embed a MV!
Taeyang - Eyes, Nose, Lips
My fellow VIPs out there would know that our soulful Taeyang has released his second album along with the MV (Music Video) for his title song 'Eyes, Nose, Lips'. ☺ Thumbs up, really!
I've (legally) downloaded the album on iTunes and cannot stop replaying this song! Honestly, I didn't quite like 'Ringa Linga' so I wasn't sure what to expect for his comeback but I am so, so, so glad he went back to R&B. Sort of reminds me of the days he sang 'Only Look At Me'. ☺
So, in a sense, he sort of returned to his roots, which is the best part of this album because every song is just so. damn. awesome. Now, please do me a favor and enjoy the music~ ☺
Anyway, moving on to what I really wanted to share today. So exciting just thinking about it.
It all began a couple of days ago when Mama suggested we take a short trip before I leave for exchange so the teeter very wisely suggested making use of the long weekend at the end of July (due to Hari Raya on 28 July). We all agreed on the dates.
Next, we had to decide where to go. We were just aiming for a short getaway - nothing lavish, nothing expensive, just family-bonding time. Due to some fare promotions on SQ (Singapore Airlines), Mama suggested Osaka, Japan. So I searched for the cheapest tickets and for the cheapest and most practical accommodation but it was still expensive (because we're talking about Japan here).
Our next option was Seoul, which isn't too bad a choice. AND, after a day of searching for the cheapest tickets, we decided to travel via Cathay Pacific for only $651 per person! Okay, I found the tickets using Skyscanner. Super, super good for finding you the best deals. And I found out that sometimes its cheaper to buy your tickets via an online agent rather than through the official airline website because Cathay Pacific offered me $1,041 per person when I can get them for much lesser on one of the websites Skyscanner recommended.
As for accommodation, I recently read Buttergoesbudget's post on her trip to Seoul and decided to check out the guest house she recommended - Duri Guest House. So I booked 2 rooms on Agoda for 5 nights for slightly more than $300 per room! I find that a damn good deal but I decided to find out how much it would cost to book via the website itself. (Current time: Waiting for a response from them) Nonetheless, I'm paying like $56 per room per night! Insanely cheap and after reading the reviews, I feel like I'm in good hands already. ☺
Anyway, so yes, I'm super excited about traveling! I've always imagined myself going to them Western countries where I wouldn't have to worry about the language/communication barrier but going to Seoul has always been something on my bucket list (believe it or not)! Even though we're going to be there for a short time, it's gonna be so much fun and I just know it. ☺
I was telling Mama how blessed I feel because I get to travel to so many places this year. My current flight itinerary goes from Seoul (25/7) > Vancouver (30/7) > Ottawa (5/8). And then while I'm in Ottawa, I've a good 3 weeks before school officially starts for me so the Aunt said she'll bring me to Toronto and Montreal (the must-visit places).
Really, really thankful I'm gonna get to visit so many places. ☺
In the meantime, we've entered the half-mark of 2014. Gosh, time has passed so fast!
I haven't had anything to do since… last Saturday. Not complaining though, I actually think I deserve break after relieving 9 classes. Hopefully I'll get to work more than what I already have to this month if not I'll be quite bored at home.
Well, that's that! It's half past 9PM and I shall go find something else to do. ☺
Ending with a selfie!
Goodnight every one!
Comments