Skip to main content

LOOTS

The month of June has barely begun but I'm already sooooo excited because I've bought 3 items already! Okay, I didn't really buy them because the teeter paid for me.

Nonetheless, cannot wait to share what I've bought with all of you!

Before that, if you don't already know, HVV is having a massive sale right now so click over and check them out if you haven't! They've an amazing range of apparels up for sale and I bought a dress from them minutes ago. ☺

Also, yesterday (if I remember correctly), I bought 2 dresses from MDS!

Okay, now, disclosing the items I bought:

#1. Summer Style Sundress in Pink - $28.90



Gorgeous piece that I love to bits! Bright colors apt for summer (even though it's been raining every day) and the whole piece is just so vibrant! Makes me happy just look at it. ☺ You can't tell from the image (and I hope it doesn't show too obvious) but the top half resembles a bustier. I've always had something against bustiers I don't know why. They always seem so… vulgar yet so fashionable on the models who pull them off. Just not me I guess.

Moving on!

#2. Juicy Fruit Dress - $29.90


Another piece that's just too juicy to resist! Prints have been quite the trend recently and what better way to jump onto the bandwagon than with pineapples! They look so animated on this piece, which makes it such a fun piece to wear for casual occasions. I'd say this piece fits in quite well with the current weather - gloomy but not going to stop me from enjoying while I'm out! ☺

#3. Twirl Basic Dress in Black - $18


You read it - $18! I'm sure you'll find a similar design for $15 or less but I couldn't keep my hands off this piece when I saw it on sale. As basic as it seems, it's a perfect dress for accessorizing! Notice how the buttons give the dress some details but not everything. The model keeps it simple, of course, finishing the look with gold loafers. As for me, I've a nice pair of glittery pink loafers that would go well with this dress just to give it the contrast. Black and gold seem to be the it combination but I like when I pull a bright one over the black. And if I'm in the mood, it's as sexy as it is just on it's own! Versatile piece, definitely a closet essential for me. ☺

When I buy clothes (or anything really), I never pay anything more than $40 a piece. I've probably bought more expensive ones but rarely. The dress I wore for my birthday (I bought from Love, Bonito) was less than $50 and I've only worn it once so far. ☹ I'll probably buy a black blazer to throw over so that I don't stand out in a crowd should I decide to wear it out.

But, anyway, yes, my budget is always around $30 mostly. I go on a mini shopping spree once a month because I feel like I have to reward myself. No reason, just because I feel like it. It makes me feel good to spend money on myself (does that sound weird?). I mean, I work so hard be it at school or at work. ☹

From now on, though, I've so gotta save for all that traveling coming up from July to December. I've made some sort of plan to visit UK while I'm in Ottawa. Can't decide if I should remain in London and meet up with my course mates or go visit Aunty Shyam back in Cardiff… Just thinking of the idea makes me excited, hehe. ☺

So that sums up my shopping for June! I've been on a search for nice shoes and I saw a couple on Instagram but I'm not prepared to wait 2-3 weeks for them. ☹ I really envy those who are able to wait that long for anything that's under pre-order. I used to run an instashop myself and never realized how awful it was to wait so long for, say, a top to arrive. Now I know… which probably explains why I've never bought anything that's under pre-order.

Alright now, I'm gonna hit the sack and prepare for classes on Saturday tomorrow before heading out to collect my stuff from MDS and meet a friend for dinner. ☺

Toodles~ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...