Skip to main content

LOVE

I recalled attempting the #100happydays challenge but it seems I've failed to keep track of the days. ☹

Instead! I've thought of a real good topic for today's post. (I think? ☺)

One of my aunts was reading a self-help book and she was coming up with 30 things she liked about herself. During which, she asked me if I could think of any adjectives starting with the letter B. And I gave her brilliant.

With that in mind, I decided to come up with some 30 things I like about myself. ☺

I find that I'm always so hard on myself. When I fail to meet expectations, when I'm pressured to do consistently well in school, when life challenges me; I blame myself for all my shortcomings.

I guess all I want to tell myself is you've done well. Through the years of endless struggles and difficulties, I've come this far in life. ☺ I stand strong and firm and I'm proud of myself for being me. And to every one else as well: You've done well.

I know we all want to be acknowledged and recognized and we want someone to tell us you've done your best especially when the outcome isn't favorable. And because it's so hard to hear this from someone else, you should be your own pillar of strength and encouragement. ☺

We will make mistakes, we will fumble, we will find that life can sometimes be a real bitch but we will stand up and we will overcome everything that stands in our way.

I've learnt that if I don't love myself, I will never learn to love others. And if I don't encourage myself, then I will always let others put me down. I will never feel good about myself if I let others dictate the way I should feel about me.

Here goes: 30 Things I Love About Me
  1. I enjoy spending time on my own.
  2. I am open to new/different perspectives.
  3. I share what I have however little it may be.
  4. I confront my fears no matter how afraid I am.
  5. I willingly challenge myself to be better.
  6. I am happy with what I have but I continue to aim higher.
  7. I don't let myself settle for less than what I deserve.
  8. I smile/laugh a lot. ☺
  9. I am comfortable in my own skin.
  10. I focus on what makes me happy.
  11. I praise myself from time to time. (Good practice, really helps to boost your esteem!)
  12. I accept others will always judge me but I don't let them bring me down.
  13. I encourage/compliment others as frequent as I can.
  14. I give my best in everything I try and embrace the outcome however it may be.
  15. I maintain my friendships well. (I love my friends too much. ☺)
  16. I find time to spend with my family every night.
  17. I'm always thankful.
  18. I make the best out of whatever circumstances I find myself in.
  19. I trust easily. (I suppose this is good because I don't like to live doubting every one/thing.)
  20. I don't constrict my emotions - I feel in every moment.
  21. I'm weird but I believe that's what's awesome about me. ☺
  22. I always have this image of what I want my life to be like - and I continuously work towards it.
  23. I used to dwell on the past but I've now learnt to let go/learn from it.
  24. I forgive easily.
  25. I find comfort in the smallest detail in life - like counting the mangoes on the tree outside my window or watching the traffic go by from the window on a train.
  26. I'm no longer afraid to go for new experiences (but I'm still shy).
  27. I'm beautiful the way I am.
  28. I always give myself enough time to think through thoroughly before making any decisions.
  29. I always keep faith no matter how rough times can get.
  30. I'm contented.
Took me long enough to fill up all 30 slots. I remember starting this post a couple of months back and finally completing it today gives me sense of accomplishment. ☺

I've always told myself I love me for being me but when it comes down to really pinpointing what I love about myself, never knew it could be that hard! Still glad I managed to find 30 things I love about myself. ☺ Y'all should try this too. I think it's good self-encouragement and it's another way to embrace yourself. Every one starts somewhere right?  

This world would be a whole lot better if we learned to love ourselves, and love others. Despite all the differences, there's no better way to co-exist in harmony than to embrace each other's shortcomings. The only reason we are able to meet people is because we're all different, no? ☺

Sending y'all lots of love ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...