Skip to main content

ONLY THE GOOD THINGS

Just woke up from a nap and my fingers are feeling slightly numb so I'm facing some difficulty trying to update this site but today has been a wonderful day and good things are always worth sharing. ;-)

After ions, we finally met up with Sandy and her 2 kids! I believe the last time I saw her was some time last year when we went to Botanic Gardens for a picnic so I was really, really glad I got to see the children today. :-)

Kids grow so fast when you're not looking but I cannot express how happy I was when they ran into our arms today. :') At least they no longer shy away from us and they still recognize us!

We couldn't decide what to eat so we left Jayden to make the final call and he wanted noodles so I suggested we try NamNam Noodle Bar since we've never eaten there before. All was going good until I saw the menu and realize they serve mainly (but not only) pork and beef. By now y'all might have realized that I do not eat pork or beef so I had limited choices to choose from but I was prepared to try their bahn mi, which is a Vietnamese term for all kinds of bread, that resembles a stuffed baguette. The one I was about to order had grilled chicken, omelette and tomato but there was nothing for Jewelle to eat so we left the place in the end.

Instead, we settled for Skinny Pizza, which was also my virgin experience there today. But let's just say I really enjoy the crust of my pizza so Domino's is the one for me any day.

What we ordered was the Good Ol' Ham and Cheese and The English Breakfast because obviously a single 12" pizza is not going to fill 5 people's tummy especially when there is hardly any dough. I appreciate the taste though. It was something new and they were really generous with the topping. :-) We also tried their truffle fries. (I don't understand the rave/hype about truffle fries, anyone?)

Taxi selfie while on our way to Plaza Sing



The kids were so excited to see their own faces on my camera's flip screen and couldn't help but experiment on their own!

Y'all are so, so precious


As you can tell, I've got crazy hair all day, every day and I'm not even fazed by it anymore. Just waiting for my fringe to grow longer so I can pull it back. So tired of managing my bangs especially when my baby hair grows out curly near my hairline.

Hi there, Jewelle!

Breaking into his signature twist pose

Total bill came up to $71 and the sister paid (as usual). After lunch, we went to get ice-cream for the kids and ended up leaving MacDonald's with 4 cones of ice-cream. Jayden kept eyeing my chocolate-coated vanilla cone but eventually preferred his normal vanilla cone. (Think he figured they all taste the same under the layer of chocolate, what a practical boy.)

Anyway we walked around, went to places like Daiso and... I only remember Daiso. The kids were getting tired (and cranky) and it was getting hard to appease them. :-( Our last stop was G200, where the sister got Mama her dress, and then we decided to come home.

Couldn't resist taking our outfit shots today before we flagged a cab:

Knitted Outerwear & Shorts: MDS /
Shoes: Aldo / Bag: agńes B

I was contemplating to go out in that knitwear because the weather, oh my, was crazy. It was so fricking hot I was about to die. :-( I still braved the heat in it though. I wore a cropped camisole on the inside, which you can get from Purpur. And then when I was searching for a matching bag, I dug out Mama's old agÅ„es B. :-)

Top: H&M / Shoes: Aldo
Bag: Satchel from Bugis / Watch: Fossil

Dress down from top to toe on the sister today. She was gonna pul on the London soldier printed top from MDS but decided it don't look good with her shorts. 

I've been trying to find shorts like the ones on my sis - simple and sophisticated and would go well for a daily affair - but its just so damn difficult. Whatever fits on my hips would be too big for my waist and whatever goes on my waist would be too small for my hips, y'know what I mean? I always preferred high-waist shorts because it accentuates my shapes but I really wouldn't mind hipster shorts. Shall hunt around for a while I guess!

I walked into Aldo today in search for this pair of slip-ons and I found it but they were going for $119! I've seen similar pairs on Instagram and so I decided to buy a pair online for $29.90! So excited to place my order soon! I know I shouldn't be buying more shoes because I've to pay for my new MacBook (what a bummer that my Macbaby died) but... a girl can never have enough shoes! Anyway I throw out my old shoes when I get new ones. :-)

Also, any idea what I can do with my current MacBook? Apparently the logic keyboard (?) is spoilt so it cannot exit safe mode. And also, the keyboard is spoilt too so it keeps telling me my password is wrong even when it's right. :-( I can't even sell it when it's in such a ridiculous condition, ugh.

Okay, shall not go there today.

Well, it's Sunday night! Better cherish the last of the weekends before we all return to slogging tomorrow. Don't fret, the days will pass real quick! :-)

Toodles and rest well, y'all~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...