Skip to main content

SECOND TIME @ NANA'S GREEN TEA

Good day, folks!

In the last couple of days, my Macbaby has been starting up in safe boot mode and I've tried everything I can to exit that stupid mode but to no avail. Also, no matter how many times I try, it keeps telling me the password I keyed in is wrong. (Does that even make sense!?)

That explains why I haven't been able to update the site for a while. Not that anything in particular happened but I couldn't upload the post I crafted for Father's Day because the codings were all out of place and I was using the iPad. I couldn't even save a draft because the iPad was going cray cray as well.

Anyway, I've been too lazy to get my Macbaby serviced so I'm using the sister's one for now.

So yesterday, I met Melly for dinner at Plaza Sing. We wanted to try 4fingers (like finally) but I only found out yesterday that the outlet at PS is no longer there!? Been wanting to try 4fingers since forever but oh well, next time. Next time I'm going to the one at Changi Airport. ;-)

I didn't get my chicken fix and even though Melly suggested KFC, I didn't want to settle for just KFC after traveling half an hour to get to PS so on my recommendation, we went to Nana's Green Tea! It was 8+ in the evening and while it was still crowded, the queue wasn't long (thankfully). Think we waited less than 10 minutes before we got our seats or maybe we were too busy chatting away that we didn't realize how much time had passed.

It was my second time at Nana's Green Tea and because I was sooooo hungry, I ordered the Chicken Curry Rice ($13.80)!


It was not spicy at all. I don't think I was disappointed even though I like spicy and I expected the curry to be spicy. In fact, I quite enjoyed my meal. Nice crisp outside the tender meat coupled with sticky Japanese rice and a spoonful of sweet-tasting curry sounds like the best combination for a stomach that hasn't had anything to eat the whole day. It's a very simple meal but rather satisfying so thumbs up! The price is about right as well - reasonable for a plate of that portion at least.

Melly, on the other hand, ordered the Salmon Cream Sushi (8 pieces for $10)!


Each piece is filled with zucchini (Japanese cucumber), avocado, cheese and egg topped with salmon sashimi and mayonnaise. Melly loved this although she was busy dissembling the sushi. I thought $10 was quite cheap for sushi of this scale. I mean, that's 8 pieces of goodness we're talking about. For $10? Totally worth it! Each piece of sushi was so fully packed, looking at it makes me full.

Something else I ordered was an iced matcha latte ($6.50). No picture because I completely forgot I even ordered a drink but if I had to describe the taste, it'd be bitter. Not in a bad way, of course. It was really thick though. I wonder if that's why it didn't feel smooth drinking the latte. I wouldn't order this again but that's because they've got such a wide range of matcha drinks that I want to try all of them.

We left slightly past 9:30 in search for ice-cream. So we compared the prices between Marble Slab and Baskin Robbins and even though the latter is cheaper, there were no seats! Bummer but I was honestly too full for any more. After that, we walked to Somerset (in a bid to digest our food) but ended up sitting at Orchard Gateway watching videos of SOLMAN 살려즛메 (go search, super funny!) and talking about random things. 

With the girl I've known since I was 13

Ending off the post with a couple of shots we took before we went home.

I think it's really different when we see each other in school and when we meet outside of school. In school, we're always worried about some assignment, always trying to meet some deadline. Sometimes we subconsciously stress each other but sometimes we cheer each other on. We're so focused on doing well that we may unknowingly become competitive even with one another. I know it's normal considering the education system in which we were brought up in but sometimes I can't help but feel slight meh about it all.

But when school's over and we meet up during the breaks, it's always so much fun. Conversations nothing short of laughter and hearty talks, taking turns to share and listen, offering advice and encouragement and ad-libs; it's nice that way. No stress, no burden, no deadline. But when school starts all over again... 

Still, lots of love for this girl who went through Secondary School and Junior College with me. We were talking about how we'd be better off (portfolio-wise) had we gone to the Polytechnic and pursues communication studies then instead of choosing NYJC. But we both didn't know this was gonna be our choice until we were forced to think about it.

Lots of people, like us, end up going to JC because they don't know what they want to do with their lives just yet. And most of the time, we end up graduating with a degree irrelevant (perhaps not entirely) to the careers we choose. But we always need a paper certification/qualification to even start somewhere.

Such is the truth of living in a society bound by paper qualifications.

Also what I wore yesterday:

Plain Cropped Top: H&M / Jeans: F21
Shoes (not seen here): Reebok Skyscape

Carried a matching color satchel (something I received for my birthday) with my shoes. These days have been cropped top + jeans days because the weather is just so unbearable. Also living by the quote I've always believed in: Dream until your dreams come true. No dream is ever too big.

It was a long night last night. Had so much to think about regarding the whole exchange programme that I sat at the bus stop for a good 10 minutes trying to stop myself from breaking down. But all is good now! After consulting Kelsey (my cousin in Ottawa) and Aunty Shyam, I think my mind is pretty much decided. Everything else will fall into place.

Quarter to 2PM, have a good day y'all!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...