Skip to main content

SENJYU 千寿

こんばんは、皆さん!
(Read: Konbanwa, minna-san! Translate: Good evening, every one!)

Suffering from a massive headache right now but I just had to update about my virgin visit to Senjyu on Saturday with the teeter. Her treat, of course.

Forgive me but I don't know the proper names for every plate of sushi we took but I do know what they're made of. 

The teeter and I were home alone on a Saturday evening and since we were too lazy to cook (I had to work till 4PM), we decided to go to Northpoint - the nearest shopping mall to where we live - to see what we could have.

We reached around 8PM and realizing we haven't had a chance to dine at Senjyu, we went to try our luck with the queue. It wasn't too long a wait, probably 5-10 minutes at most. We waited slightly longer because we wanted to sit by the conveyor belt.

The concept is really the same as Sakae Sushi or Hei Sushi - the conveyor belts and the iPad per table. I heard Senjyu falls under the same management as Sakae but I'm not sure (and not that it matters).


Salmon Sashimi

This I know because it's possibly my favourite of all we ate that night. 4 thick slices of fresh salmon sashimi for $5.59! It's a perfect combination with my wasabi mixed and I fell in love the moment it entered my mouth. ☺

My happy teeter and the salmon sashimi


This is octopus and I didn't eat it but the teeter, who favours sotong/octopus/squid enjoyed it. I wonder what it tastes like but I somehow imagine the red sauce to be sweet. So you've got chewy and sweet topped on a reasonably-sized amount of rice.

On a search for chawanmushi

Selfie because we were satisfied after the sashimi


This is unagi (eel) topped with a slice of cheese that melts in your mouth. I usually don't eat unagi but this tasted pleasant enough for my liking. (Still haven't figured what those black colored fish-roe-looking things are.)


Avocadoooooooo. The teeter said that's seared salmon on top but it sure didn't taste anything like seared salmon. It was salty but soft. It tasted great without the topping though!

My wonder-woman enjoyed her chawanmushi

The chawanmushi came with a generously-sized prawn and mushrooms and chicken on the inside. Wasn't in the mood for steamed eggs but it looked good and tasted even better, according to the teeter.


Soft-shelled crab. ☺ Never will I enter a Japanese place and leave without eating some soft-shelled crab. This was up to standard but I still prefer Sakae's. I mean, I couldn't really taste the soft-shelled crab. ☹ 


I'm pretty sure this is egg with fish roe on rice wrapped in tau pok. As usual, the tao pok tasted sweet but nothing fantastic. I don't know why, though, I sort of enjoy eating this sort of sushi.

That's pretty much everything we ate and the bill came up to ~$50! (Can't remember the exact price.) Only good thing about this place is they don't offer buffet at all so it's suitable for people like me, who will never be able to eat as much as a buffet would cost me. Although the food standard was mediocre, I would say it's worth the try (at least for the sushi).

Finally, ending off the post with a selfie I took when I was there:

Top: MDS (it's got blings on the collar, I love!) /
Bottom (not shown): Trumpet skirt from G200

Before I end, one last photo of an outfit I put together today when I went out to run an errand for Mama.

Top: ZARA-inspired mirrored dove ($28)
Botton: Scallop shorts from Purpur
Shoes: Transparent jelly sandals from RUBI ($14.95)

Dress down but still looking rather presentable, I feel. Clad in my trusty jelly sandals - I call them fashionable water-proof sandals. ☺

I've seen the top on a couple of insta-shops and you can definitely get them cheaper but Mama bought this one from a shop near our place and apparently it was on 20% discount. @prettywhispers was selling this for $21 mailed. 

And with that, I shall end today's post! ☺

Goodnight every one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...