Skip to main content

goodnight monday

It is Monday all over again although Monday is about to end in a couple of hours' time.

I promised myself last week that I shall not schedule anything for this week primarily because I was looking to energise myself. For that, I always find disconnecting myself from the rest of the world works well in helping me get back on track.

Unfortunately, there was reason to leave the house this morning.

For some reason, I couldn't sleep past 9 o'clock and found myself wide awake unlike other mornings. I'd usually laze in bed, roll around for as long as I can, but this morning was definitely different.

First thing I did when I got out of bed was to look for my baby boy, where he emerged from my brother's room. So I snuggled up to him on the floor but he made a different choice.


He decides he feels better on my room floor.

Can only imagine how upset he was when I closed the door on him at 1AM last night because he kept walking in and out of the room and we had the air-conditioning on. (Sorry baby!)

Anyway, I prepped myself for a casual day since all I had on my to-do list were errands tasked by Mama.


For today's coordinate, I put together a pair of jean-looking Cotton On pants with a laid-back white t-shirt. 

Allow me to digress: I paid $39.95 for the pants which, in my very honest opinion, isn't worth it but I was misled into thinking it was on sale (for $19.95) because of the signage put up at the rack I found it.

Accessories-wise, I wouldn't say I put in more effort than I usually do but I sported a birdcage necklace and a rusty-gold coloured ring. I usually go out with a watch but just to match the colour of my pants, I used Mama's Tommy Hillfiger watch today. Carried out my newly purchased bag from Shopkysse. You can find them here and here.

Digressing again: I bought the bag last Monday for $26 but the bag went on sale for $23 last Friday. It is still on sale by the way. What I purchased is the Chanelle Boy Inspired box bag.

Recently took an interest in sandals because my pair of Aldo is serving me so well I cannot not love them. You can never go wrong with black x gold anyway.

After dropping off some documents, I went to emicakes to buy a birthday cake for my grandfather's 86th this Saturday. (I still don't know why my grandmother insists on eggless cakes.)

Funny thing is, the lady told me she couldn't confirm if they're able to produce a 20cm cake so she offered to clarify with her production team after lunchtime and then drop me a call. Which she did but that was when I was already walking home so now I've to head back tomorrow to make payment.

The rest of my Monday was spent lazing around. (Best part I'd say.)

Checked my NTU e-mail and found that internship for SPH Magazine is open now but I'm worrying about my resumé. Just thinking how my new one should be because I find the old-fashioned, traditional ones a bit unappealing for a communications student. 

Oh well~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...