Skip to main content

put on your best boys and i'll wear my pearls

"Staring at the bottom of your glass
Hoping one day it'll make your dream last
But dreams come slow and they goes so fast
Staring at the ceiling in the dark
Same old empty feeling in your heart
'Cause love comes slow and it goes so fast"

Beginning today's post (again) with lyrics to one of my favourite songs - Passenger's Let Her Go.

Definitely a sad song but still a beautiful song with nothing short of relatable lyrics. Only that I've been really happy these days I don't exactly feel depressed listening to sad songs now... I still appreciate the song though! :')

Just here to share today's outfit but before that, here's what happened today. Actually, let's start with last night instead.

I went to bed before midnight because of a massive, massive headache so I thought I sleep it off, which I fortunately did. Scheduled to relief 2 classes this morning so I woke up half past 8 feeling more refreshed than I was the night before.

Casually prepped myself for class and was bracing for 2 rounds of uncontrollable 10/11-year-olds. Thankfully, both classes were small-sized and fairly well-behaved. Bless them. :')

After 4 hours of teaching, I met Mama and Small Amuma in town because of the ongoing food fest. Truth be told, I was looking forward to the endless booths of food stores because I was there on Thursday and everything looked so good! But I couldn't get past the crowd so you can guess what happened next.

In fact, for the couple of hours I was in town, I barely did anything productive. The crowds oh my the crowds were unbearable. Still glad I managed to get new body lotion and a pair of pants from Cotton On. ;-)

That pretty much sums up today. You'll find what I wore below:


Put on my trusty trumpet skirt from G200 and matched it with a simple white top in my best effort to look professional but, of course, wouldn't go anywhere without my fun Skyscape. And then I decided to throw on my flashy bomber jacket, which I got from Ohvola's sale for $15. (Thank God for sales!)

Gotta admit I love outfits like this one because it helps make me look more proportionate. But y'know what? I just googled the golden ratio for women and it appears my body measurements are in line with the golden ratio... Just saying, hah.


A closer look at the details on my bomber jacket, and the rest of my outfit. I actually intended to get the full daisy-printed design but it ran out of stock soon enough. ): Not complaining since the colours on the sleeves make this piece more vibrant, just the way I like it! Oh, just cannot get enough of my shoes. Here I am wondering if black shoelaces would make the colour of my shoes stand out more... thinking contrast.

Ending off with a here-let-me-show-off-my-legs-but-can-I-just-go-home-now look.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...