Skip to main content

they say time flies but you keep breaking its wings

Recently listened to Tablo's cover of Taeyang's Eyes, Nose, Lips and I fell in love with the beautiful & meaningful lyrics.


AKMU also covered the same song. Love the soothing voices coupled with perfect harmony.


This justifies why I'm a YG-stan. Can you feel the YG-family loveeeeeeeee? ت

~~~~~~~~~~

I realize I've been staying home the last couple of days and while I like staying at home (because I don't have to spend money), it can get really boring as well. ☹ I mean, there's only so much I can do at home - watch dramas, sleep, watch more dramas, eat, bathe, eat some more. You get what I mean.

Thankfully, I got to head out yesterday even though I was just running an errand for Mama at Northpoint. ☺

Mandatory outfit shot of what I wore:

Sundress from MDS - $29.90
Sandals from Havanas
Watch from Fossil

Uploaded a different version on my Instagram. ت I wanted to share that version here as well but I didn't transfer it over so next time maybe!

After completing my errand, I walked into Watsons to buy some wax strips by Veet. The only reason I would is because I had a conversation with Small Amuma and Aunty Asha the other day and they said (I know this already though) that shaving gives you darker underarms so I should opt for waxing.

And since I wax my eyebrows once every few months, Small Amuma said it shouldn't hurt for me although I'd say my tolerance level for pain can be really low. Nonetheless, in order to avoid dark underarms, I decided to buy them wax strips. I haven't used it so I don't know but I guess I'll share when I do. ت

Then I came home and did pretty much nothing. Before I knew it, Mama was home and it was time for dinner so we had dinner and I went back to the computer after that.

Because I was bored, I decided to:

Take pretentious pretty shots of myself

Here, I successfully conceal my crazy hair that's curling everywhere near my fringe. ت 

See the things I do when I have nothing better to do?

Also, when I returned home on Wednesday night, I undid my bun-up hair and was fascinated to see:


Nice, voluminous and wavy hair!! Oh boy how excited I was I had to document the moment even though I was in the toilet. 

I didn't want to wash my hair that night because I still wanted to enjoy having voluminous, wavy hair but I knew it was gonna become flat again when I wake up the next morning. ☹ Why can't I have nice hair all the time?

That's about it! Bringing my baby to the vet in a while to get his jab. ☹ We recently brought him back for a review (some 7 months after his joint operation) and the doctor told us we cannot operate on his right leg anymore. He needed surgery for both of his hind legs because he's got joint pain but we couldn't do both legs at one go so we started with the left leg that was in worst condition. 7 months later, the doctor tells us the joint in his right leg is completely gone and the only solution is to go for a stem cell injection, which costs $1500 by the way.

Sigh, baby has also got arthritis but he's so good at tolerating pain so we usually can't tell unless he starts limping. ☹

Another hour before the taxi comes so I shall go prepare myself.

Ending off with, well, how about an ugly selfie of Smi?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...