Almost forgot to check out the other songs on BEAST's latest album but something compelled me into doing so and I found out what a beautiful and sensual song History is. But today I'm sharing lyrics to one of my all-time favourites and a rather old but timeless song - Collin Raye's Love, Me (I believe the alternate title is If You Get There Before I Do).
With the influx of pop songs and over-saturated K-pop scene, I tend to forget I even grew up listening to some of the classic oldies and how much they mean to me. Times like this I'm kind of glad the radio actually plays meaningful music most of the time and songs like this remind me of what I've been through and how I've gotten to where I am today. I believe the most important thing is life is not forgetting your roots, where you came from. ☺
Today started off earlier than usual and that's because I had to bring Baby to the vet. Poor boy began limping yesterday, some 4 days after receiving his stem cell jab, and we were all worried sick but weren't sure. That's why I didn't rush him in last evening but we decided to get his condition checked anyway.
Took advantage of the natural lighting shining through the taxi window. ☺ Pulled my fringe back today because the curls are getting out of control. ☹
Also, Baby gets to take selfies too:
He was really just asking me to leave him alone because he knew where he was headed to and I suppose the vet doesn't leave a very nice impression after each visit so he probably dreads going back. Which was why he was so grouchy. ☹
I cannot help but think just how happy he must be to be back at home, lying on familiar ground again.
Baby's gone back to the vet 4 times already, including today, because of his joints. He actually underwent an operation last December to have his joint removed from his left hind leg because it was actually eroding. Shelty's hips were displaced due to constant jumping around but we weren't aware because this fellow's tolerance level for pain is extremely high. We didn't know he was suffering until he began limping.
What the doctors did was to remove the joint from the leg in the worse condition first and we were supposed to bring him back for a similar operation for his right hind leg but as you know, operations are never cheap and we didn't have the means to put him through another one. I wonder if we compromised too much back then because when we brought him back again, the doctor told us it was impossible to do the surgery for his other leg now and the only solution left is the stem cell jab, which we did.
4 days later, he began limping and today I was told he's right hind knee (where he got his jab) is swelling. The doctor said it is a reaction and it could either be the stem cells working to repair his joints or... nothing is happening. So it could be a good thing or a bad thing but we'll have to wait a week to see. What the doctor also said is if the stem cells do work for him, then it's good news because it will work for any other joint problems but if it doesn't then there's nothing very much left to do.
He still has one more jab left on Friday. ☹ My heart aches every time he goes for a jab. Sigh, I really hope everything works out fine.
Sometimes I feel kind of bad because we were never rich to begin with and because of that, we couldn't bring Shelty out for rides/outings. He's never gone to the beach or the park but now that his joints are giving him problems, it's almost impossible to let him explore the outside world. ☹ It's really saddening, I hope we'll enrich the rest of his life enough so he'll never feel unhappy again.
Well, that's all I did today!
Looking forward to tomorrow because I'm meeting a very special lady. ☺
Also happy because I received my salary today and paid off the first instalment for my Macbaby. ☺
"If you get there before I do,
don't give up on me.
I'll meet you when my chores are through,
I don't know how long I'll be.
But I'm not gonna let you down,
darling wait and see.
And between now and then
till I see you again,
I'll be loving you.
Love, Me.
With the influx of pop songs and over-saturated K-pop scene, I tend to forget I even grew up listening to some of the classic oldies and how much they mean to me. Times like this I'm kind of glad the radio actually plays meaningful music most of the time and songs like this remind me of what I've been through and how I've gotten to where I am today. I believe the most important thing is life is not forgetting your roots, where you came from. ☺
Today started off earlier than usual and that's because I had to bring Baby to the vet. Poor boy began limping yesterday, some 4 days after receiving his stem cell jab, and we were all worried sick but weren't sure. That's why I didn't rush him in last evening but we decided to get his condition checked anyway.

Taxi selfie~

Took advantage of the natural lighting shining through the taxi window. ☺ Pulled my fringe back today because the curls are getting out of control. ☹
Also, Baby gets to take selfies too:

He was really just asking me to leave him alone because he knew where he was headed to and I suppose the vet doesn't leave a very nice impression after each visit so he probably dreads going back. Which was why he was so grouchy. ☹

Each consultation is pretty much the same. Baby never gets used it. He's always so afraid he leans his whole body weight onto us. Because I'm short, as soon as he leans onto me, he presses against my chest and it makes it hard for me to breathe. But seeing him so scared makes me even sadder, sigh.

Luckily today's consultation didn't take long. Baby, however, refused to look at me after that. ☹ He was also very, very tired today. The doctor gave him yet another jab today. I'm praying all these jabs are actually working for him, if not we're putting him through unnecessarily pain and emotional stress. ☹

Finally on the way home! Fortunately and thankfully, he didn't vomit today. He was too exhausted throughout he even put his head down. Usually he's all excited because the road's bumpy and he gets to see changing views but he must have been really tired today.

Whatchu lookin at?
Accidentally (okay, maybe intentionally) caught an alien face. ☺ Oh and that's my helper in the background, if you're wondering. She does such an excellent job looking after my baby when we're all not available. He's become very attached to her as well. Basically, she's like family now. ☺

Baby's gone back to the vet 4 times already, including today, because of his joints. He actually underwent an operation last December to have his joint removed from his left hind leg because it was actually eroding. Shelty's hips were displaced due to constant jumping around but we weren't aware because this fellow's tolerance level for pain is extremely high. We didn't know he was suffering until he began limping.
What the doctors did was to remove the joint from the leg in the worse condition first and we were supposed to bring him back for a similar operation for his right hind leg but as you know, operations are never cheap and we didn't have the means to put him through another one. I wonder if we compromised too much back then because when we brought him back again, the doctor told us it was impossible to do the surgery for his other leg now and the only solution left is the stem cell jab, which we did.
4 days later, he began limping and today I was told he's right hind knee (where he got his jab) is swelling. The doctor said it is a reaction and it could either be the stem cells working to repair his joints or... nothing is happening. So it could be a good thing or a bad thing but we'll have to wait a week to see. What the doctor also said is if the stem cells do work for him, then it's good news because it will work for any other joint problems but if it doesn't then there's nothing very much left to do.
He still has one more jab left on Friday. ☹ My heart aches every time he goes for a jab. Sigh, I really hope everything works out fine.
Sometimes I feel kind of bad because we were never rich to begin with and because of that, we couldn't bring Shelty out for rides/outings. He's never gone to the beach or the park but now that his joints are giving him problems, it's almost impossible to let him explore the outside world. ☹ It's really saddening, I hope we'll enrich the rest of his life enough so he'll never feel unhappy again.
Well, that's all I did today!
Looking forward to tomorrow because I'm meeting a very special lady. ☺
Also happy because I received my salary today and paid off the first instalment for my Macbaby. ☺

Comments