I've never been much of a patriotic person but come this day every year, part of me swells up inside and it reminds me of who I am.
Although I will forever complain about the rising costs of living (and everything else) and I will continue to frown upon the never-ending crowd, I have to give it to Singapore for providing me a safe environment to grow up in. I wouldn't trade national security for anything.
Moving on.
Today was truly an enjoyable day. :')
I recall a couple of nights ago I was telling the bestf about how I felt the teeter was neglecting me because of work issues + boys (literally). I meant to say I felt she was too engrossed with these boys who are interested in her that she doesn't realise she's been neglecting me.
No matter how understanding I try to be, I just cannot accept it.
We haven't had a decent conversation in days. Each time I bring up something, she either replies me with one-word answers or she doesn't reply at all. I used to lay next to her as she does her work and she wouldn't mind me talking to her but these nights she's been on Skype with this guy that she doesn't even realise I'm around.
I eventually came to a conclusion that I was being overly possessive and that I should learn to accept things as they change. In the end, I told myself to forget about it and just like how I treat the people who often make me feel they're taking me for granted, I decided to not talk at all.
But it's fucking hard as hell.
I guess it gets harder because I'm so attached to her.
As I was telling the bestf about it, I began tearing but I knew I was gonna feel stupid about it the next morning (which I did). I even told the bestf it was ridiculous I even felt that way! But no, do not underestimate the power of feelings. I've every right to feel the way I did because I am human.
This morning, as we all prepared to leave house, Mama briefly mentioned to her that I was upset that she's been ignoring me. I honestly felt embarrassed- never imagined she'd ever find out. We still left house peacefully.
Whatever happened next, I really thank God.
In what seemed like eons, I finally had the chance to spend the day with her. I'm going to ignore the fact that she was still partially glued to her phone because at least I felt she remembered her sister.
After getting our eyebrows waxed (yes, we maintain our eyebrows this way), we went to get Mama's watches fixed. We then walked in ION and grabbed lunch at The Soup Spoon.
Oh just how I love The Soup Spoon
Both the teeter and I ate the same thing. We opted for the super value meal that comes with a regular bowl of soup, a choice of half sandwich/wrap/salad and a drink at an additional price of $4.90. Our total bill came up to $27 I think. (I don't remember because the teeter paid, heh.)
Anyway, I've never really tried anything other soup from them before but I did realise they've put up the calorie sign for each of their soup! That's a plus for health-conscious people like myself. Alternatively, if you drop by their site, you will find all you need to know about their food. :-)
I didn't eat the bread roll. (Just how much bread can I eat in a meal anyway?) Basically, that translates to like 780 calories in a meal, which is quite decent I feel. I didn't finish the soup either. (I am so good at wasting food/money.) :(
Anyway, after lunch, we popped into Singtel to find the teeter a spare phone but she couldn't decide between the Nokia or the XiaoMi so we ended up walking around elsewhere first.
I was about to go into Topshop but the women's section was on the upper level but I was too lazy and since the teeter wanted to see shoes, we walked into Charles & Keith just opposite Topman. No surprise we came out with 2 pairs of shoes (1 pair each). Our buys:
1. Rubber Sole Loafers ($53.90)
I actually bought a similar pair off @kittyondeck but it came in a size too big because the owner actually provided the wrong measurement. She told me the length of the insole for the size 37 was 23cm, which would be too small for me, so she advised me to get the 38. I did but I realised the insole is actually 24cm! I'm sorry but, whut? So I put them up for sale on Carousell. :-)
Anyway, can never go wrong with C&K. As long as I'm able to try their shoes, I can then decide if my feet are in good shoes. And they are with this pair.
2. Basic Loafers in White ($53.90)
I managed to convince the teeter to get them in white instead. This pair has got such a classy and timeless look! It easily goes with anything and everything I'm actually quite tempted to get them too. But, let me think about it.
We got our 10% off (as member) so we paid $97 in total. :-)
We were on our way back to SingTel when I told the teeter I wanna go into G200 to get a pair of shorts and it was the best decision ever. They were initially retailing at $39 when I was out with Grace last Thursday but guess what? They were $29 today! All hail sales. :D It was a bummer I couldn't use Mama's IC to get the further discount/accumulate points though but $29 was such a steal! I rarely find shorts that fit me nicely. The teeter also got herself a knitwear because she says it's gonna be winter in China soon. (She frequents China for work purposes.)
Teeter decided on the Nokia and we got it for $0 after she extended one of our extra plans. It was also then the staff told us Singtel's network had been down since morning. National Day so SingTel is taking a break too.
On our way out, teeter walked into Sephora to get her make-up base from Stilla.
Interesting bottle and they were running low on stock because this amazing fellow does all the correction your face requires especially if you've got imbalance tone. Still find the colours so attractive and intriguing.
While we were there, I embarked on my journey to search for a sunscreen protector. As you know, the weather here is crazy. It can go from rain to shine to windy to shine to rain again all in the same day but the one thing that will never change (as long as Singapore sits near the equator) is the damned heat. I feel like I'm carrying the sun on my back/in my face. It's madness!
I bagged the Ultra Lightweight UV Defense Fuid SPF 50 by Algenist. (What a long name that was.)
This tiny bottle cost me a bomb! But okay, I shall not complain. Too much sun in the face leads to quicken ageing of the skin. Anyway, this fellow is milk base and is as lightweight as the name suggests. My skin absorbs well, which is the reason I'm trying out this brand I've never heard of. Can't say much but I know I'll be using this daily when school begins (next Tuesday by the way).
That was supposed to be it. But, as soon as the teeter bagged the make-up remover (in-house brand), I took the opportunity to enquire about a possible blackhead remover.
Sidetrack: The teeter taught me that you have to use make-up remover to remove the layer of sunscreen because it technically acts as a make-up base and is really heavy on the skin (although you might not feel it). So now you know!
The first thing the lady introduced me to is the very same product SJ has been using and that is the Blackhead Melting Gel.
I used it for the first time this evening and it felt... strange? There was a heating sensation throughout the cleansing process and I'm not sure if its supposed to be that way. There's a brush around the output tip and you use that brush to clean your pores (in circular motion). Gotta wait and see if it shows fantastic results, according to SJ.
Think we spent $161 in there but the brother gave us $30 CapitaLand vouchers so we paid $131. :-)
Our initial intention to pop into MDS disappeared immediately after this.
Our last stop was Uniqlo. :-) I bought a very straightforward long-sleeved basic top in a deep shade of pink while the teeter finally got her black pair of jeans.
This is probably the first time the teeter and I spent quality time together after a rather long break. We usually shop online but nothing beats going out of the house, and doing things together with my favourite woman of all time. :') Also really thankful she spoils me like no other.
As we were walking out of Sephora, I casually asked her how much I should pay her back. (We usually go Dutch when it comes to shopping.) Opposed to the expected response, she actually said: No need lah, Nana is the one working. You don't owe me anything. :''''''''''') How to not love this teeter?!
Ending off with an image of us:
Okay lah, we didn't take a photo together per se but we were together the whole time and that's what matter most.
Goodnight! :-)
Although I will forever complain about the rising costs of living (and everything else) and I will continue to frown upon the never-ending crowd, I have to give it to Singapore for providing me a safe environment to grow up in. I wouldn't trade national security for anything.
Moving on.
Today was truly an enjoyable day. :')
I recall a couple of nights ago I was telling the bestf about how I felt the teeter was neglecting me because of work issues + boys (literally). I meant to say I felt she was too engrossed with these boys who are interested in her that she doesn't realise she's been neglecting me.
No matter how understanding I try to be, I just cannot accept it.
We haven't had a decent conversation in days. Each time I bring up something, she either replies me with one-word answers or she doesn't reply at all. I used to lay next to her as she does her work and she wouldn't mind me talking to her but these nights she's been on Skype with this guy that she doesn't even realise I'm around.
I eventually came to a conclusion that I was being overly possessive and that I should learn to accept things as they change. In the end, I told myself to forget about it and just like how I treat the people who often make me feel they're taking me for granted, I decided to not talk at all.
But it's fucking hard as hell.
I guess it gets harder because I'm so attached to her.
As I was telling the bestf about it, I began tearing but I knew I was gonna feel stupid about it the next morning (which I did). I even told the bestf it was ridiculous I even felt that way! But no, do not underestimate the power of feelings. I've every right to feel the way I did because I am human.
This morning, as we all prepared to leave house, Mama briefly mentioned to her that I was upset that she's been ignoring me. I honestly felt embarrassed- never imagined she'd ever find out. We still left house peacefully.
Whatever happened next, I really thank God.
In what seemed like eons, I finally had the chance to spend the day with her. I'm going to ignore the fact that she was still partially glued to her phone because at least I felt she remembered her sister.
After getting our eyebrows waxed (yes, we maintain our eyebrows this way), we went to get Mama's watches fixed. We then walked in ION and grabbed lunch at The Soup Spoon.
Oh just how I love The Soup Spoon
Smoked Salmon Sandwich
Boston Clam Chowder
Anyway, I've never really tried anything other soup from them before but I did realise they've put up the calorie sign for each of their soup! That's a plus for health-conscious people like myself. Alternatively, if you drop by their site, you will find all you need to know about their food. :-)
(Picture credits to their site)
Anyway, after lunch, we popped into Singtel to find the teeter a spare phone but she couldn't decide between the Nokia or the XiaoMi so we ended up walking around elsewhere first.
I was about to go into Topshop but the women's section was on the upper level but I was too lazy and since the teeter wanted to see shoes, we walked into Charles & Keith just opposite Topman. No surprise we came out with 2 pairs of shoes (1 pair each). Our buys:
1. Rubber Sole Loafers ($53.90)
(Picture credits to C&K)
Anyway, can never go wrong with C&K. As long as I'm able to try their shoes, I can then decide if my feet are in good shoes. And they are with this pair.
2. Basic Loafers in White ($53.90)
(Picture credits to C&K)
We got our 10% off (as member) so we paid $97 in total. :-)
We were on our way back to SingTel when I told the teeter I wanna go into G200 to get a pair of shorts and it was the best decision ever. They were initially retailing at $39 when I was out with Grace last Thursday but guess what? They were $29 today! All hail sales. :D It was a bummer I couldn't use Mama's IC to get the further discount/accumulate points though but $29 was such a steal! I rarely find shorts that fit me nicely. The teeter also got herself a knitwear because she says it's gonna be winter in China soon. (She frequents China for work purposes.)
Teeter decided on the Nokia and we got it for $0 after she extended one of our extra plans. It was also then the staff told us Singtel's network had been down since morning. National Day so SingTel is taking a break too.
On our way out, teeter walked into Sephora to get her make-up base from Stilla.
(Picture credits to Stila)
While we were there, I embarked on my journey to search for a sunscreen protector. As you know, the weather here is crazy. It can go from rain to shine to windy to shine to rain again all in the same day but the one thing that will never change (as long as Singapore sits near the equator) is the damned heat. I feel like I'm carrying the sun on my back/in my face. It's madness!
I bagged the Ultra Lightweight UV Defense Fuid SPF 50 by Algenist. (What a long name that was.)
(Picture credits to Sephora)
This tiny bottle cost me a bomb! But okay, I shall not complain. Too much sun in the face leads to quicken ageing of the skin. Anyway, this fellow is milk base and is as lightweight as the name suggests. My skin absorbs well, which is the reason I'm trying out this brand I've never heard of. Can't say much but I know I'll be using this daily when school begins (next Tuesday by the way).
That was supposed to be it. But, as soon as the teeter bagged the make-up remover (in-house brand), I took the opportunity to enquire about a possible blackhead remover.
Sidetrack: The teeter taught me that you have to use make-up remover to remove the layer of sunscreen because it technically acts as a make-up base and is really heavy on the skin (although you might not feel it). So now you know!
The first thing the lady introduced me to is the very same product SJ has been using and that is the Blackhead Melting Gel.
(Picture credits to Laneige)
Think we spent $161 in there but the brother gave us $30 CapitaLand vouchers so we paid $131. :-)
Our initial intention to pop into MDS disappeared immediately after this.
Our last stop was Uniqlo. :-) I bought a very straightforward long-sleeved basic top in a deep shade of pink while the teeter finally got her black pair of jeans.
This is probably the first time the teeter and I spent quality time together after a rather long break. We usually shop online but nothing beats going out of the house, and doing things together with my favourite woman of all time. :') Also really thankful she spoils me like no other.
As we were walking out of Sephora, I casually asked her how much I should pay her back. (We usually go Dutch when it comes to shopping.) Opposed to the expected response, she actually said: No need lah, Nana is the one working. You don't owe me anything. :''''''''''') How to not love this teeter?!
Ending off with an image of us:
Okay lah, we didn't take a photo together per se but we were together the whole time and that's what matter most.
Goodnight! :-)








Comments