Skip to main content

just like old times

I cannot be more thankful to God for blessing me with beautiful friends who keep me together when the tough gets going and for always reserving a part of their lives for me. :')

Today! I (finally) met Grace after a good 6 months. She spent the first 5 months on exchange in Auckland, New Zealand, and had to nurse a fever + flu the whole of July but she made time for me today.

Just couldn't turn down her invitation to lunch even though I've been down with a cold since last Friday (how unfortunate really, it made the rest of my vacation slightly unbearable). Although I arrived half an hour late, Ms Magnanimous still greeted me with her signature smile and the rest of our time spent together was nothing short of fun and laughter.

We had lunch at Everything with Fries (EwF) for the first time and I was honestly appalled at the price range! I really wasn't expecting everything to be in the $10s for a fast-food restaurant. Anyway, I ordered a grilled ham and cheese sandwich with shoelace fries (curry) and an apple juice while Grace ordered a mushroom cheese burger with straight-cut fries (barbeque). I never knew the difference between shoelace fries and straight-cut fries was in their thickness but I found out today so I basically had thin fries and Grace had thick fries.

Anyway, no pictures because I always seem to forget everything else when Grace and I start talking.

But if you're interested, my review about my own burger is:
The portion is huge and I mean no-kidding kind of huge. I couldn't finish the entire meal but I suppose if you did, it might actually be worth the $14.90. Honestly, the curry fries didn't taste fantastic or anything different from what you would occasionally get from MacDonald's though the barbeque did taste rather unique. My sandwich was pretty straightforward. I did enjoy the cheese - it was rich yet subtle at the same time. It wasn't overwhelming but just right. It definitely did go well with the grilled ham, which by the way tastes very normal. I also added mayonnaise and chill sauce to my sandwich because it made a good combination. All in all, it was pretty flavourful but the fries were overrated. Also, I will never ever $5.90 for a meagre cup of apple juice again. 
After lunch, we couldn't decide what to do and since we had intention to shop, we ended up exploring 2 floors of Bugis Junction only to find nothing except we did buy socks (4 for $10). And then we walked to Raffles Place because Grace knew the way and we needed to digest our food at the same time.

We went into some of the boutiques to compare the price of a similarly designed wallet that Grace was looking at but I find the one at Kate Spade the nicest (and most affordable). I will, however, go back to Coach to get a small purse so that it's easier when I travel. I realised my agnès b wallet is too... fat (?) that it wouldn't fit in most satchels. My next wallet should be a long, thin one. Anyway! We went to get our bubble tea fix at Gong Cha before walking to City Link/Esplanade.

Actually, we did a lot of things. We went into a lot of shops on the way but I didn't buy anything. Grace did buy a nice pair of pink skorts from MDS and we did want to buy shorts from G200 but Grace said the outlet store at Changi City Point is cheaper so we didn't buy anything.

But still really glad we had a good opportunity to catch up with each other.

I don't usually use my phone when I'm out, unless I'm in a real awkward position. And today is one of the rare times I had 90% battery left after the entire day. We just kept talking and talking and... talking.

Time always seem to pass so quickly when we talk endlessly, haha. It was still so much fun.

Ending the post with my 2 favourite photos (of the 6 we took).



Goodnight~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...