Skip to main content

Hello October

Allow me to do a little throwback since I didn't get a chance to blog about my mama's birthday 2 days ago. 😎

Unlike the last few years, we threw a small celebration this year mainly because my mama's birthday happens to fall on a Tuesday. We were all busy with school and work during the days building up to her birthday so we didn't have time to organise anything on a bigger scale. Nonetheless, I'm super happy we got to spend some family time together. ❤️

Mama began her day at the temple and then she came home before we left house together. I had an interview at 2PM while she went for her leg massage.

After my interview, I headed towards Thomson Plaza to collect her cake! This year, Mama's birthday coincides with a 9-day prayer (Navarathri) and so she's vegetarian up until Sunday so we sought for eggless cakes and found The Cake Shop. 😀 Am so glad we tried something else but EmiCakes.


I bought the candles separately at $1.60 each.

Anyway, we ordered a 7-inch choco crunch for $32.95. Two words: absolutely delicious. The heat was unbearable the entire afternoon, I was so afraid the cake would've melted by the time I got home! Thankfully it didn't but as a precaution, I left the cake in the freezer for a couple of hours. 🙊

It's called choco crunch for a very simple reason. You wouldn't be able to tell from the looks of it but there is a layer of biscuit i.e. crunch towards the centre of the cake. Mama calls them Marie biscuits but I'm not so sure they taste the same. The crunch did taste like tea biscuit though and it was a lovely mix! Mama definitely enjoyed her cake. 😊

 Before that, Mama had prepared an extensive dinner because she was in a good mood!


What you see (going clockwise from the top left-hand corner) is mashed potato, mushroom soup, baked seasoned drumsticks and salmon, spaghetti with lasagna sauce - a relatively simple meal but my stomach was celebrating by the end of it. 😊

Of course, not forgetting to take photos of the birthday girl:




I wouldn't exchange anything in this world for you guys. 








Pretty much sums up how we ended our Tuesday on a brilliant note!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...