It's always nice waking up on a Monday knowing I don't have to rush to prep myself for school.
It has been pretty much a free-and-easy day today and I'm loving every minute thus far. 😌
Decided to check in because, as the title suggests, I made my virgin trip to Paradise Dynasty earlier this afternoon. 😊
Well, since I'm at it, I might as well give y'all a breakdown of what my day has been like.
My mama woke me up at about 9AM, asking me if I'd like to head out to my grandmother's new (and still vacant) place with the rest of the family. I didn't believe her when she said the teeter was going too so I got out of bed and went into her room to see for myself. True enough! She was surprisingly awake. It was then I decided to head out with the entire family.
We took a cab down to my grandma's new home and offloaded all the stuff she needed for her housewarming prayers. Hung around for a while because the new place is really quite a sight. 😌
It's a small, studio apartment but definitely sufficient space for an elderly couple. If I don't get to retire overseas (say, in New Zealand or somewhere), I'd love to retire in a studio apartment. Such a cosy area!
On our way out, we looked around for a place to have lunch at and almost every stall at Ten Mile Junction was unfortunately still close. It was 5 minutes before 11AM so we decided to take the bus back to Woodlands.
There is, by the way, a Paradise Dynasty outlet at Ten Mile Junction but it opens at 1130AM and we were all starving. Instead, we headed to the one at Causeway Point. 😊
Being my first time there, I... didn't know what to order and really went with the flow. The dishes were decided by the teeter and my mama but all 6 dishes were very, very flavourful and satisfying!
We ordered: 1. Dan Dan Mian 2. Colourful Xiao Long Baos 3. Scrambled Egg White with Scallop 4. French Beans with Minced Pork 5. Fried Rice with Shrimps 6. Sweet and Sour Fish
The total bill came up to $88.28 but... it was pretty worth the quality of food and service we received. (Not having to wait long for the food to arrive is a major plus point!)
First up, came the Dan Dan Mian!
I actually really love this! It sort of reminds me of tom yum but a more subtly spicier and slightly thicker version. The noodles doesn't absorb the soup at all but it is a surprisingly good combination! Oh, not forgetting the taste of peanuts! Absolutely yum! 😋
Then came the teeter's favourite Xiao Long Baos!
Just saying, they all eventually ended up tasting the same but they were nonetheless very impressive! (If you're wondering, I still don't eat pork but I sometimes make exceptions.) The one in the middle is the original one, above it (orange) is the crab roe one, (going in a clockwise direction) followed by ginger, Sze Chuan, ginseng, foie gras, black truffle and cheese. We split among 4 of us so each of us managed to try 2 flavours. I tried the Sze Chuan one and the crab roe one.
Apparently the flavour lies in the skin but the filling inside really overpowers everything else but I cannot deny how absolutely awesome it felt with the juice oozing out. 😋
Followed by the fried rice with shrimps.
Not gonna lie but this tasted rather mediocre. It wasn't as impressive as the first two dishes but it was acceptable. It felt like a mesh of rice and mostly egg... The prawns though! Were very fresh. (I know because I love prawns.)
The dishes began pouring in by this point.
Beanssssssssssssssss. 😍 A plate of very crunchy, crunchy beans; they tasted soooooooooooooooooo good! If you're wondering, the minced meat is pork but we didn't eat it. I love how the beans were so well cooked and tasted so fresh! Hehe, can still remember how they popped with every bite.
Then came the Scrambled Egg White with Scallop!
Despite its unappealing appearance, I wouldn't go as far as to say this was terrible. It just tasted like scrambled egg white with smeared raw egg yolk. Oh! The scallops were buried underneath so my mama mixed the entire dish after this, although I could barely taste the scallops. I suppose it's a good dish to balance out the other flavours on the table.
Last dish that arrived was the Sweet and Sour Fish!
If I had to choose a favourite from today's menu, it'd be this one. 😍 It tasted fantastic! I couldn't really taste the sour part but the sweet part definitely lived up to Paradise Dynasty's reputation. The fish was undoubtedly fresh, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Loved the fragrance of the sauce and it went so, so well with the soft meat!
During lunch, Mama said we should resume our once-a-month family outing and go explore good food together. Got me so excited because we sort of decided to try Claypot House next month! It's also located at Causeway Point and it serves mainly porridge (not sure if there's any other mains on the menu). 😁
Today's lunch was on the teeter! I foresee the day I get to treat my family to a nice meal... I kind of look forward to that actually.
Well, to end of today's post! Here's a (very precious) family selfie:
It has been pretty much a free-and-easy day today and I'm loving every minute thus far. 😌
Decided to check in because, as the title suggests, I made my virgin trip to Paradise Dynasty earlier this afternoon. 😊
Well, since I'm at it, I might as well give y'all a breakdown of what my day has been like.
My mama woke me up at about 9AM, asking me if I'd like to head out to my grandmother's new (and still vacant) place with the rest of the family. I didn't believe her when she said the teeter was going too so I got out of bed and went into her room to see for myself. True enough! She was surprisingly awake. It was then I decided to head out with the entire family.
We took a cab down to my grandma's new home and offloaded all the stuff she needed for her housewarming prayers. Hung around for a while because the new place is really quite a sight. 😌
It's a small, studio apartment but definitely sufficient space for an elderly couple. If I don't get to retire overseas (say, in New Zealand or somewhere), I'd love to retire in a studio apartment. Such a cosy area!
On our way out, we looked around for a place to have lunch at and almost every stall at Ten Mile Junction was unfortunately still close. It was 5 minutes before 11AM so we decided to take the bus back to Woodlands.
There is, by the way, a Paradise Dynasty outlet at Ten Mile Junction but it opens at 1130AM and we were all starving. Instead, we headed to the one at Causeway Point. 😊
Being my first time there, I... didn't know what to order and really went with the flow. The dishes were decided by the teeter and my mama but all 6 dishes were very, very flavourful and satisfying!
We ordered: 1. Dan Dan Mian 2. Colourful Xiao Long Baos 3. Scrambled Egg White with Scallop 4. French Beans with Minced Pork 5. Fried Rice with Shrimps 6. Sweet and Sour Fish
The total bill came up to $88.28 but... it was pretty worth the quality of food and service we received. (Not having to wait long for the food to arrive is a major plus point!)
First up, came the Dan Dan Mian!
I actually really love this! It sort of reminds me of tom yum but a more subtly spicier and slightly thicker version. The noodles doesn't absorb the soup at all but it is a surprisingly good combination! Oh, not forgetting the taste of peanuts! Absolutely yum! 😋
Then came the teeter's favourite Xiao Long Baos!
Just saying, they all eventually ended up tasting the same but they were nonetheless very impressive! (If you're wondering, I still don't eat pork but I sometimes make exceptions.) The one in the middle is the original one, above it (orange) is the crab roe one, (going in a clockwise direction) followed by ginger, Sze Chuan, ginseng, foie gras, black truffle and cheese. We split among 4 of us so each of us managed to try 2 flavours. I tried the Sze Chuan one and the crab roe one.
Apparently the flavour lies in the skin but the filling inside really overpowers everything else but I cannot deny how absolutely awesome it felt with the juice oozing out. 😋
Followed by the fried rice with shrimps.
Not gonna lie but this tasted rather mediocre. It wasn't as impressive as the first two dishes but it was acceptable. It felt like a mesh of rice and mostly egg... The prawns though! Were very fresh. (I know because I love prawns.)
The dishes began pouring in by this point.
Beanssssssssssssssss. 😍 A plate of very crunchy, crunchy beans; they tasted soooooooooooooooooo good! If you're wondering, the minced meat is pork but we didn't eat it. I love how the beans were so well cooked and tasted so fresh! Hehe, can still remember how they popped with every bite.
Then came the Scrambled Egg White with Scallop!
Despite its unappealing appearance, I wouldn't go as far as to say this was terrible. It just tasted like scrambled egg white with smeared raw egg yolk. Oh! The scallops were buried underneath so my mama mixed the entire dish after this, although I could barely taste the scallops. I suppose it's a good dish to balance out the other flavours on the table.
Last dish that arrived was the Sweet and Sour Fish!
If I had to choose a favourite from today's menu, it'd be this one. 😍 It tasted fantastic! I couldn't really taste the sour part but the sweet part definitely lived up to Paradise Dynasty's reputation. The fish was undoubtedly fresh, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Loved the fragrance of the sauce and it went so, so well with the soft meat!
During lunch, Mama said we should resume our once-a-month family outing and go explore good food together. Got me so excited because we sort of decided to try Claypot House next month! It's also located at Causeway Point and it serves mainly porridge (not sure if there's any other mains on the menu). 😁
Today's lunch was on the teeter! I foresee the day I get to treat my family to a nice meal... I kind of look forward to that actually.
Well, to end of today's post! Here's a (very precious) family selfie:
Comments