Skip to main content

Thankful Thursday E01

Good day, every one!

Inspired to begin a new series of posts every Thursday after chancing upon the #ThankfulThursday as I was scrolling through Instagram some 4 weeks ago.

I am supposed to do one every Thursday but because I missed the second week, so here's the third one:

(Missing Hannah but) non-stop laughter and random chatter; what would life be without you girls? 🙆

Not many know but WKWSCI wasn't always my first choice. I mean, it was my first choice on paper and, at one point, I was very determined to get in so that I could bunk with Grace in Year 1. But I was worried, honestly, about having no friends. Back then, the thought of mingling with new people kind of scared me so I chose to follow my friends to FASS instead.

Weeks after I made the decision to accept FASS's offer, I realised my friends weren't exactly friends. I felt more left out than I thought I would because I always thought those people were going to be my forever-friends. Fortunately, though, I realised it in time to transfer to WKWSCI.

The journey in the beginning was difficult. I was so used to having many friends, so used to hopping from clique to clique and so used to having lunch/dinner appointments every now and then. But when I entered WKWSCI, I was almost alone. Good thing was I had Mel and I still do today.

First day of school, Mel and I met Kat, who did not go for the orientation camp either. Year 1 was pretty much the 3 of us even though Kat had a rather different timetable. Still, over time, I grew accustomed to just the 3 of us. I was happy, really.

In Year 2, we welcomed Hannah/Banana. And I'm damn glad we did.

Banana has a default face, the 😑 face. She was very quiet and it was felt like she was in a bad mood. I cannot deny there were times I was unsure about this person. 😂

1 year later, she is sometimes like my mother, other times my nanny and even at times the best listening ear. ☺️

I'm so, so thankful for the way things turned out in the end. What began as nothing but uncertainty surely bloomed into something so beautiful and heart-warming I cannot be more grateful for this bond.

These people are the people I proudly introduce to Mama as the people I hang out with every day. I've no regrets returning home at 11PM if means spending the entire day with them. 😌

~~~~~~~~~~

First post was dedicated to the ol'friend, SJ, whom I haven't spoken to in a looooong time but that's okay because I know the distance/time we spend apart won't change the people we are to each other.

Saw a #thankfulThursday hashtag and decided to do one too! There is just so much to be thankful for but shall dedicate the first one to the ol'friend @janekse 😘 4 year in Crescent would've amounted to nothing if not for this friendship and I'm really grateful you still make time for me in your -ahem- busy -ahem- love -ahem- life (I am honored, really 😛). No matter the distance apart, I hope yknow you'll always my sister/soulmate from another mother. 😊 Take care and come back soon (for another round of (Christmas) shopping maybe?) 😁😙

SJ's response: Omg how come I no see this 😍😍😍😍 So sweet ah ❤️🙆 Yes pls 🙋 Shopping soon and no I don't have a busy love life just a busy life 😔😂 Pls tc too!! 😀

Second one to the almighty, my one and only wonder-woman:

#thankfulThursday Eternally thankful to @reenawee for being my teeter, sometimes my mother and at other times my ATM machine. 😂 I really don't know who else laughs at your jokes the way I do, or laughs at everything with you the way I do so actually you should be thankful I'm your sister but it's okay because I love you all the same 🙆❤️

In the meantime, have a great Thursday every one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...