With 2014 coming to a close, my final post for the year will be the traditional reflection.
The past year has been pretty amazing for me. It was mostly filled with pleasant surprises although there, too, were some downers.
The first couple of months weren't particularly exciting but life felt like it truly began after I turned 21 in March. Like I said, "It was a magical feeling."
Taking the opportunity to, once again, thank every one who took time off to come celebrate the special occasion with me in my humble home. And to every one else who wished me, thank you! Not forgetting my family who put together the entire celebration despite the high damage. I really appreciate it! :')
April must have been one of months I looked forward to because I officially completed Y2!
Y2 was somewhat mind-blowing. I actually enjoyed the semester, probably because most of the cohort went on exchange and only a handful of us were left in school. I got to know and work with new people, which made me really happy!
Towards the end of April, the aunts came to Singapore (because my grandmother was admitted and we were forewarned it might be an emergency). Thankfully, not only did my grandmother survive the ordeal, I got to spend precious time with the aunts!
Come June, life took a major change.
I woke up one day and decided to take the plunge, to make a change beginning with me. Life was good but I felt it could be better and I was right!
I spent 3 consecutive weeks in July bringing Shelty to and fro the clinic to get his weekly cartrophen jabs for his joints. I was initially devastated at the thought of him not being able to jump and gallop the way he always enjoyed but not only is he as fit as a fiddle now, he's an exceptionally happy boy!
During the same period, I met Harshini and that reignited our friendship as we slowly got to know each other again. :')
In August, I began my penultimate year at NTU's WKWSCI as I entered Y3. It was also the same month I decided to regularly update Instagram with my #ootd shots. Thankfully, the feedback were mostly positive and encouraging!
That same month, my brother brought home Nova and Chester who were nothing but a bundle of joy. Although both of them have passed away, I choose to believe they're in a much better place, watching over the people who took great care of them and loved them.
I think it was around this period that Sarah and I met almost every day for 2 weeks straight. But I eventually had to send her off again the following month.
I used to jokingly tease about how we never got tired of each other no matter how much time we spend together but truthfully, I hope we never do. Years on graduating from Crescent, I still proudly tell others this woman is the one precious gem I received during those 4 years.
In Septemer, life continued to show me beautiful things as I attended my sister's graduation. It was one of the most touching moments in life to see my sister don her graduation robe. I was blown away, completely.
We also celebrated Mummy's 54th birthday. It was a very simple celebration this time because Mummy was vegetarian. She did, however, whip up a pretty good meal for us all!
This month, I also began a new series of sharing my monthly loots. (This got me extremely excited!)
Good news came in as I received my allocation for internship and cannot wait to begin in January!
October only got even better because it was Deepavali, and I hosted my Swedish friends for the first time! It was a bold decision but Mummy was very rational and she kept everything intact. She's such a great host and cook. Gotta give it to her hands down for feeding every one of my friends that afternoon.
November marked the ending of Y3S1 and as we rushed to meet deadlines, I kind of enjoyed those late nights at the editing suite with Mel, Kat and Hannah. Even though I wasn't needed, I sort of enjoyed being the pillar of encouragement. Of course, I had to see how the video was going because I featured in it. I have to thank them for giving me the opportunity to reflect on my mixed heritage though!
While preparing for finals, I returned to work to earn some extra cash.
After my finals, I was rewarded with a month of rest in December. By this time, I had grasped the momentum of turning life around and December saw more opportunities.
I religiously practiced gratitude and the law of attraction which ringed in a lot of results.
I took up my first permanent class at the tuition centre I've been working for since December 2011. That means more income and eventually more savings as well.
Aunty Su also came down (again) but this time she brought Uncle Oluf and Kelsey along.
I got to spend time with the cousin I haven't seen in 10 years and felt really good that we weren't awkward at all. We even had some rather intellectual conversations.
Christmas was exceptionally spectacular as well. Everyone gathered at my place and we basically just ate, laughed and talked the night away. :')
Tomorrow, we will be spending the night at Costa Sands Resort, Sentosa. There'll be a BBQ. Mummy and the brother invited their friends and for once, I'll countdown with the entire family present.
Already looking forward to tomorrow evening!
I look back and am just so grateful for all the help and love I've received.
The past year has been pretty amazing for me. It was mostly filled with pleasant surprises although there, too, were some downers.
The first couple of months weren't particularly exciting but life felt like it truly began after I turned 21 in March. Like I said, "It was a magical feeling."
Taking the opportunity to, once again, thank every one who took time off to come celebrate the special occasion with me in my humble home. And to every one else who wished me, thank you! Not forgetting my family who put together the entire celebration despite the high damage. I really appreciate it! :')
April must have been one of months I looked forward to because I officially completed Y2!
Y2 was somewhat mind-blowing. I actually enjoyed the semester, probably because most of the cohort went on exchange and only a handful of us were left in school. I got to know and work with new people, which made me really happy!
Towards the end of April, the aunts came to Singapore (because my grandmother was admitted and we were forewarned it might be an emergency). Thankfully, not only did my grandmother survive the ordeal, I got to spend precious time with the aunts!
Come June, life took a major change.
I woke up one day and decided to take the plunge, to make a change beginning with me. Life was good but I felt it could be better and I was right!
I spent 3 consecutive weeks in July bringing Shelty to and fro the clinic to get his weekly cartrophen jabs for his joints. I was initially devastated at the thought of him not being able to jump and gallop the way he always enjoyed but not only is he as fit as a fiddle now, he's an exceptionally happy boy!
During the same period, I met Harshini and that reignited our friendship as we slowly got to know each other again. :')
In August, I began my penultimate year at NTU's WKWSCI as I entered Y3. It was also the same month I decided to regularly update Instagram with my #ootd shots. Thankfully, the feedback were mostly positive and encouraging!
That same month, my brother brought home Nova and Chester who were nothing but a bundle of joy. Although both of them have passed away, I choose to believe they're in a much better place, watching over the people who took great care of them and loved them.
I think it was around this period that Sarah and I met almost every day for 2 weeks straight. But I eventually had to send her off again the following month.
I used to jokingly tease about how we never got tired of each other no matter how much time we spend together but truthfully, I hope we never do. Years on graduating from Crescent, I still proudly tell others this woman is the one precious gem I received during those 4 years.
In Septemer, life continued to show me beautiful things as I attended my sister's graduation. It was one of the most touching moments in life to see my sister don her graduation robe. I was blown away, completely.
We also celebrated Mummy's 54th birthday. It was a very simple celebration this time because Mummy was vegetarian. She did, however, whip up a pretty good meal for us all!
This month, I also began a new series of sharing my monthly loots. (This got me extremely excited!)
Good news came in as I received my allocation for internship and cannot wait to begin in January!
October only got even better because it was Deepavali, and I hosted my Swedish friends for the first time! It was a bold decision but Mummy was very rational and she kept everything intact. She's such a great host and cook. Gotta give it to her hands down for feeding every one of my friends that afternoon.
November marked the ending of Y3S1 and as we rushed to meet deadlines, I kind of enjoyed those late nights at the editing suite with Mel, Kat and Hannah. Even though I wasn't needed, I sort of enjoyed being the pillar of encouragement. Of course, I had to see how the video was going because I featured in it. I have to thank them for giving me the opportunity to reflect on my mixed heritage though!
While preparing for finals, I returned to work to earn some extra cash.
After my finals, I was rewarded with a month of rest in December. By this time, I had grasped the momentum of turning life around and December saw more opportunities.
I religiously practiced gratitude and the law of attraction which ringed in a lot of results.
I took up my first permanent class at the tuition centre I've been working for since December 2011. That means more income and eventually more savings as well.
Aunty Su also came down (again) but this time she brought Uncle Oluf and Kelsey along.
I got to spend time with the cousin I haven't seen in 10 years and felt really good that we weren't awkward at all. We even had some rather intellectual conversations.
Christmas was exceptionally spectacular as well. Everyone gathered at my place and we basically just ate, laughed and talked the night away. :')
Tomorrow, we will be spending the night at Costa Sands Resort, Sentosa. There'll be a BBQ. Mummy and the brother invited their friends and for once, I'll countdown with the entire family present.
Already looking forward to tomorrow evening!
~~~~~~~~~~
I look back and am just so grateful for all the help and love I've received.
1.
You guys make up the bulk of my university life and I wouldn't choose to have it any other way if I had second chance. I clearly wouldn't have made it through semester after semester if not for y'all and I just want y'all to know how much I love each and every one of you. From Kat's explosive comments to Hannah's super diao face and Mel's 😏-reactions, I appreciate it all. Thank you for bringing so much laughter to the otherwise dull school days. Thank you all so, so much! Because of y'all, I at least look forward to school.
2.
God knows what I did to deserve a friend like you but thank you for being a part of my life, Angel! This year, I managed to meet you three times and I feel so undeserving but so thankful at the same time. I might not be much of a friend most of the time but I want you to know that you can count on me. You are one beautiful soul, Angel, and don't let others tell you otherwise. I still remember the days we were closer in NYJC and I honestly thought all was lost when we graduated but thank you for sticking by. I just- thank you so much.
3.
7 years on, I don't know who else still talks to their mortal but I'm very grateful to met up with you twice, Ari! May not sound a lot but it's plentiful for I know each time we meet up, it'll be hours of catching up and that is very precious to me. Please keep doing what you do because it's the passion you have that keeps you driven. The road you chose may not be easy but I have faith that you'll do great so I hope you hang on every single time you're worn out and remember that all of it will be worth it. I love you, Ari! You and I have definitely grown into very attractive ladies. ;-)
4.
At the most unexpected moment, the Universe re-introduced an old friend into my life. You've been nothing but a joy to be around, babe. We often talk about the past where you and I weren't there to witness in each others' lives but I'm so glad we're growing from our bad decisions. I'll always be here to tell you how thankful I am for having you here with me again. Second chances don't happen often but this friendship must be something amazing to warrant a second chance so thank you for making every effort and every moment count.
5.
You guys make up the bulk of my university life and I wouldn't choose to have it any other way if I had second chance. I clearly wouldn't have made it through semester after semester if not for y'all and I just want y'all to know how much I love each and every one of you. From Kat's explosive comments to Hannah's super diao face and Mel's 😏-reactions, I appreciate it all. Thank you for bringing so much laughter to the otherwise dull school days. Thank you all so, so much! Because of y'all, I at least look forward to school.
2.
God knows what I did to deserve a friend like you but thank you for being a part of my life, Angel! This year, I managed to meet you three times and I feel so undeserving but so thankful at the same time. I might not be much of a friend most of the time but I want you to know that you can count on me. You are one beautiful soul, Angel, and don't let others tell you otherwise. I still remember the days we were closer in NYJC and I honestly thought all was lost when we graduated but thank you for sticking by. I just- thank you so much.
3.
7 years on, I don't know who else still talks to their mortal but I'm very grateful to met up with you twice, Ari! May not sound a lot but it's plentiful for I know each time we meet up, it'll be hours of catching up and that is very precious to me. Please keep doing what you do because it's the passion you have that keeps you driven. The road you chose may not be easy but I have faith that you'll do great so I hope you hang on every single time you're worn out and remember that all of it will be worth it. I love you, Ari! You and I have definitely grown into very attractive ladies. ;-)
4.
At the most unexpected moment, the Universe re-introduced an old friend into my life. You've been nothing but a joy to be around, babe. We often talk about the past where you and I weren't there to witness in each others' lives but I'm so glad we're growing from our bad decisions. I'll always be here to tell you how thankful I am for having you here with me again. Second chances don't happen often but this friendship must be something amazing to warrant a second chance so thank you for making every effort and every moment count.
5.
If not for NYJC, I don't think we'll be what we are to each other today but I must have done a great deal of good deed in my previous life to have friends like you, Nisa, because even though we don't talk every day (or very often at all), it's comforting to know there's one person who shares the same interests and worries as me. You might not think/feel so but to me, you've been one awesome friend nonetheless. I probably would not have survived the competition in NTU if not for your support from the sidelines and I just want you to know that means a lot to me. I'm glad we're going through this together and I'll always be here to cheer you on!
6.
While Chew continues her holiday in New Zealand and might never see this, I'm still gonna count my blessings and place this woman here because she holds a very dear position. I look back at all the tough times I had to go through in NYJC (academically and emotionally) and will always be extremely thankful that Chew was there with me through it all. I mean, I probably wouldn't be here if I had not overcome all that back then. And till today, she continues to inspire me to be better, to never give up even when others make me feel small. It's nice to know no matter what happens, she'll always be there to offer me a listening ear.
7.
Apart from Mel, my newly made friends from Korean class - Rachel, Gek Hooi and Lynette. Thank you all for making Korean class so much more bearable! I don't think I'll ever forget how we practically laugh each lesson away and how we tried our best to help each other. Before this, I thought I was going to graduate without making any friends but you guys obviously proved me wrong. Thank you for being the best bunch of group mates I could ask for! And thank you for being my friends even outside of class. :')
8.

Anyone would have guessed your face is going to be here. I've probably said this too many times but I'll say it again anyway - Thank you for being part of my life, Sarah. I don't think you have any idea how much this friendship means to me after all that we've been through. Although we can laugh it all off now, I cannot imagine what it'd be like if we never made it through. Right now, I'm just so, so happy that we are who we are to each other. You're like a sister from another mother, a friend from another planet. You've seen me at my best and worst yet still accept me for who I am and for that, I'm really grateful. I'll keep this short but as 2014 ends, here's to the next 100 years of friendship! (Well, make that forever if possible!)
9.
And not to mention the teeter who has been indispensable since day #1. Truth is, I don't know what to say because there's so much to be thankful for. I'm blessed, truly blessed with the best sister ever. I don't think I'll find any other who'll snuggle with me on my worst days and still love me the same nonetheless. All the times I've to send you off to China, my heart sinks a bit because I've to spend days without you and sometimes, when you're gone for too long, I become so lonely it's sad. I know you're working hard now so I shan't complain but I'm so thankful you always, always come back to me in one piece! I love you, teeter, I really do.
10.
My favourite people, any day any time. Thank you all for loving me! I've been so pampered growing up but y'all still treat me like a baby no matter how much time has passed. I cannot be more grateful for the perfect family you guys are to me. :') (And to one more watching over from above, I sometimes wish and wonder what it'd be like if you were here but I know you're never going to appear at our door again so I continue to seek comfort in knowing you'll always be in me no matter what, no matter where.)
~~~~~~~~~~
There are also people like the bestf, my other family and friends who have played a part in making my 2014 fantastic. I love each and every one of you.
2014 has truly been one wonderful year. And I know it's going to end with a blast only to welcome the new year with a bang.
I'm already looking forward to 2015! I practically have the entire year planned out already!
Till then, I hope everyone else has had an awesome year! It'll only get better, trust me.
Goodnight!
Comments