Skip to main content

If I

"Every sixty seconds you spend upset is one minute of happiness you will never get back."
I chanced upon the above quote while scrolling through Instagram. It was probably someone's caption but I find it so, so true.

I used to spend so much time dwelling on things that only made me even more upset and frustrated, thinking I would eventually reach a solution but I forgot how precious and important it is to live in the moment. Well, thank God all that is now over.

These days have been really good. Like, really good. Sometimes I'm so excited about life that I cannot stop squirming in my seat or letting out a small squeal. I cannot pinpoint just what it is that makes me so contented (and my friends probably find me a little crazy) but the truth is I am floating on a constant cloud nine!

Two days ago, I met Mel and Kat for dinner at Beer Market. Took advantage of the Happy Hour promotion - $10+ for 3 sides/ $4+ for 1 side - from 6 to 8PM. Can't exactly say the food was fantastic but it was acceptable. The company definitely made up for the missing oomph! factor.

We only ordered their honey-glazed barbecue chicken wings, prawn twisters and luncheon fries. The chicken wings were soaked in honey but it wasn't the kind of honey I was expecting? Something just left a kind-of unsatisfying aftertaste. The prawn twisters were meh. I will never order those again. It was basically a small prawn wrapper in dumpling skin and deep fried. Nope, not worth it because the prawn was tiny! Luncheon fries weren't too bad though. Wasn't as salty as I had imagined it to be because, well, you know, spam.

Goodbye Beer Market~

And then we headed for some Hokkaido ice-cream!


No doubt, their matcha ice-cream is one of the best I've tried! Only downside was that my ice-cream melted so quickly! I also regretted my choice of chocolate chip because it honestly tasted like vanilla ice-cream instead. Should've gone for rum raisin like Mel and Kat!

Sat by the quay and enjoyed our ice-cream before we headed down to Central to get our gongcha fix! Had my usual Alisan tea while Kat went for camellia tea because everything else she wanted was out of stock. But gosh, that tea Kat had was too bitter for my liking!

Then I made a crazy suggestion to walk to Dhoby Gaut, which we did! (Good job, Mel!) It wasn't as long as I thought it would be. Apparently, we covered some 3km before reaching Orchard. It was a good walk for me, hehe.

Night ended rather early. I came home and watched Noragami till 3AM. (Finished the entire anime in a day, yay!)

I woke up Friday morning, excited (as usual) to meet Angel!

I am usually uncertain about taking the bus but yesterday I was just like heck it and I hopped on 855. My only fear is missing the bus stop and getting lost in some unknown area but sometimes it's fun to take risks and explore the unfamiliar.

We headed to... One Man Coffee for brunch! We shared the Big Brekkie and added sautéed mushrooms. Those mushrooms were really yum I think I ate most of it.

Then we went to get ice-cream and I bought the rum rum raisin from Udders! Never knew you've to be at least 18 to order those alcoholic ice-cream. Angel got her earl grey ice-cream from Artisan and we hung outside Udders while taking in both the ice-cream and the heat.

It was hot.


Ah, every meet-up with Angel always reminds me of how some things never change no matter how much time has passed or how long we have spent apart from each other. So thankful, mm, so thankful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...