I don't even remember when the last Thankful Thursday post was but I suppose it just goes to show how undedicated I am.
That definitely does not mean I haven't been thankful. There is just so much to be thankful for in life and it's such a challenge to pinpoint every single one but that doesn't stop me from giving thanks. 😊
Although it's Friday today, I meant for this post to be released yesterday to coincide with the meaning of the title so despite being a day late, I'm gonna keep the title nonetheless. 😅
This week has been extremely, tremendously fun. 🙆 I made time to meet up with some of my long-time-no-see friends and that really made me happy. 😌
Monday began slightly early as I headed out for lunch with Mel and Rachel. It was supposed to be a meet-up with friends from my Korean class but Gekhooi was working that morning and Lynette had driving lesson at 4:30PM so both of them couldn't make it for lunch in town.
The 3 of us went to Seoul Garden and spent a whopping 2 hours eating, talking, eating and talking some more. 😁
I swear none of the photos turned out nice that day but I feel somewhat obliged to upload one. 😅
Korean class has got to be my favourite module of Y3S1, no kidding. It is in that class that I realise it is possible to make friends. Or rather, I should really thank 선생님 for putting us into groups and having us do group work almost every lesson. Each group normally has about 5 people but Mel occasionally makes a guest appearance in another group. Either way, I always look forward to group work!
Gekhooi and Lynette are the jokers of the group. They always make us laugh no matter what. And because we all have rather low laughing points, group work is always filled with so much laughter regardless. Too bad they couldn't join us that day but luckily we've made plans for lunch again! 🙆
Featuring my outfit for that day:
Fully decked in HollyHoque's Clean Slate Marble Print Top paired with Lakeside Campsite Ripped Shorts. Completed the look with my worn-to-death loafers from Charles and Keith and my black bucket bag (not seen here) from Shopkysse. (Just realise the bag is selling for only $14 right now! I can totally vouch for the quality so don't hesitate! ☺️)
Tuesday began early as well. 😌 This day, I met Harshini for brunch + dessert + shopping, which included heart-to-heart conversations about life. ☺️
We headed to Department of Caffeine on 15 Duxton Road. Being the direction fools we are, we actually momentarily got lost and ended up walking in circles before locating DoC. Also, the funny thing is I made reservations but I wasn't asked if I did and the staff just assigned us seats. Thankfully, though, we managed to avoid the lunch crowd!
I went for the Smoked Salmon Scramble and my review? I am never going back for this again. 😌 Honestly, though, the entire dish taken apart is not bad really. I like smoked salmon, fluffy scrambled eggs and pancakes but the mix was just not satisfying together. My greens were also dipped in a weird-tasting sauce. Probably vinegar but no, just no.
I don't eat bacon but according to Harshini, they were crispy but the most disappointing part has got to be the waffles. Maybe we're not used to it but I really like my waffles baked with normal dough. This one tasted sour so maybe, just maybe, they used sourdough instead. How can I eat bacon (which is salty) with scrambled egg (which is rather savoury) and sourdough waffles?! Nope, never.
I was personally disappointed with their mains but I guess I might go back for their highly raved valrhona chocolate waffles ($22) with butter rum bananas and premium vanilla ice-cream.
After brunch, we were too full to fulfil our dessert craving at Cake Spade. Also partly because Cake Spade was filling up at 2PM so we headed to City Hall to do some shopping. 😁
Even before we began though, we headed to llaollao first. 😅 So much for being full, I know.
We ordered a Sanum ($6.50) but I wasn't very impressed with the yoghurt. Tasted pretty normal to me but I suppose it's worth the money because you get to choose 1 crunch, 3 fruits and 1 sauce. 😊
The day ended with me buying gift wraps and Christmas cards while Harshini bought make-up. 😊
Featuring my outfit for that day:
Put together yet another HollyHoque's Peek My Interest Cutout Top and TTR's Flippy Scuba Skirt in Black Tropicals. Completed the look with my newly purchase Harper the Minimalist (bag) and Levi Houndstooh Slip On, both from Seoul in Love. 😊
Wednesday was a bit more laid-back since I only had dinner scheduled with the badminton girls.
It's been a long time since I mentioned badminton girls probably because the last time we went out was... years ago, literally. We don't really meet up anymore but Fudge is back from New Zealand this December and she organised one. Although Diane is now roaming the streets of USA, Trixy and Shimin turned up.
No pictures for that day because I didn't bring my camera and no one whipped our theirs either. 😂
We had chicken from 4fingers at Westgate for dinner. Trixy reached the earliest so she queued on behalf of the rest of us. 😅 There were no vacant seats so we ended up savouring our garlic/spicy chicken while sitting outside MacDonald's (on the second floor).
After that, we searched for dessert and all of us ended up with bubble tea of some sort. With nothing else in mind, we headed to the empty seats on level 5 of JCube, where we spotted Teo Heng (!!!). 😂
We called Teo Heng 3 times before heading down to personally make reservations because the staff told us we had to book a minimum of 2 hours if we made a call-in reservation. So we booked a room from 10-11:30PM and the very kind staff rented us a large room but charged us the rate of a small room!? He actually meant to charge us the rate for a medium room though. 😅
So we sang, and sang and sang until it was time to go home. I think we all made it for the last train back. 🙆
We spent a lot of time catching up about life, school and inevitably the future as well. The other 3 are definitely going to be in the finance sector while I intend to break into the fashion industry somehow. It's just really fascinating how we've come so far since we were measly 13-year-olds to independent 21-year-olds right now.
All the time we spent looking back on our younger days made me miss the person I was back then - reckless, brave, courageous, carefree. As I grow older, I figured my responsibilities expand and my worries (probably) increase. I take lesser risks now and I sort of felt myself turning into an introvert but I refuse to believe I'll never be that person again.
So I cut out all the negativity in my life, people and thoughts included, and decided to be the person I was once again - reckless, brave, courageous, carefree. 😊
That definitely does not mean I haven't been thankful. There is just so much to be thankful for in life and it's such a challenge to pinpoint every single one but that doesn't stop me from giving thanks. 😊
Although it's Friday today, I meant for this post to be released yesterday to coincide with the meaning of the title so despite being a day late, I'm gonna keep the title nonetheless. 😅
This week has been extremely, tremendously fun. 🙆 I made time to meet up with some of my long-time-no-see friends and that really made me happy. 😌
Monday began slightly early as I headed out for lunch with Mel and Rachel. It was supposed to be a meet-up with friends from my Korean class but Gekhooi was working that morning and Lynette had driving lesson at 4:30PM so both of them couldn't make it for lunch in town.
The 3 of us went to Seoul Garden and spent a whopping 2 hours eating, talking, eating and talking some more. 😁
I swear none of the photos turned out nice that day but I feel somewhat obliged to upload one. 😅
Korean class has got to be my favourite module of Y3S1, no kidding. It is in that class that I realise it is possible to make friends. Or rather, I should really thank 선생님 for putting us into groups and having us do group work almost every lesson. Each group normally has about 5 people but Mel occasionally makes a guest appearance in another group. Either way, I always look forward to group work!
Gekhooi and Lynette are the jokers of the group. They always make us laugh no matter what. And because we all have rather low laughing points, group work is always filled with so much laughter regardless. Too bad they couldn't join us that day but luckily we've made plans for lunch again! 🙆
Featuring my outfit for that day:

Tuesday began early as well. 😌 This day, I met Harshini for brunch + dessert + shopping, which included heart-to-heart conversations about life. ☺️
We headed to Department of Caffeine on 15 Duxton Road. Being the direction fools we are, we actually momentarily got lost and ended up walking in circles before locating DoC. Also, the funny thing is I made reservations but I wasn't asked if I did and the staff just assigned us seats. Thankfully, though, we managed to avoid the lunch crowd!
Smoked Salmon Scramble ($16)
I went for the Smoked Salmon Scramble and my review? I am never going back for this again. 😌 Honestly, though, the entire dish taken apart is not bad really. I like smoked salmon, fluffy scrambled eggs and pancakes but the mix was just not satisfying together. My greens were also dipped in a weird-tasting sauce. Probably vinegar but no, just no.
Sundried Tomato & Herb Waffles ($17) with streaky bacons, scrambled egg and maple bacon jam
I don't eat bacon but according to Harshini, they were crispy but the most disappointing part has got to be the waffles. Maybe we're not used to it but I really like my waffles baked with normal dough. This one tasted sour so maybe, just maybe, they used sourdough instead. How can I eat bacon (which is salty) with scrambled egg (which is rather savoury) and sourdough waffles?! Nope, never.
I was personally disappointed with their mains but I guess I might go back for their highly raved valrhona chocolate waffles ($22) with butter rum bananas and premium vanilla ice-cream.
After brunch, we were too full to fulfil our dessert craving at Cake Spade. Also partly because Cake Spade was filling up at 2PM so we headed to City Hall to do some shopping. 😁
Even before we began though, we headed to llaollao first. 😅 So much for being full, I know.
We ordered a Sanum ($6.50) but I wasn't very impressed with the yoghurt. Tasted pretty normal to me but I suppose it's worth the money because you get to choose 1 crunch, 3 fruits and 1 sauce. 😊
The day ended with me buying gift wraps and Christmas cards while Harshini bought make-up. 😊
Featuring my outfit for that day:
Put together yet another HollyHoque's Peek My Interest Cutout Top and TTR's Flippy Scuba Skirt in Black Tropicals. Completed the look with my newly purchase Harper the Minimalist (bag) and Levi Houndstooh Slip On, both from Seoul in Love. 😊
Wednesday was a bit more laid-back since I only had dinner scheduled with the badminton girls.
It's been a long time since I mentioned badminton girls probably because the last time we went out was... years ago, literally. We don't really meet up anymore but Fudge is back from New Zealand this December and she organised one. Although Diane is now roaming the streets of USA, Trixy and Shimin turned up.
No pictures for that day because I didn't bring my camera and no one whipped our theirs either. 😂
We had chicken from 4fingers at Westgate for dinner. Trixy reached the earliest so she queued on behalf of the rest of us. 😅 There were no vacant seats so we ended up savouring our garlic/spicy chicken while sitting outside MacDonald's (on the second floor).
After that, we searched for dessert and all of us ended up with bubble tea of some sort. With nothing else in mind, we headed to the empty seats on level 5 of JCube, where we spotted Teo Heng (!!!). 😂
We called Teo Heng 3 times before heading down to personally make reservations because the staff told us we had to book a minimum of 2 hours if we made a call-in reservation. So we booked a room from 10-11:30PM and the very kind staff rented us a large room but charged us the rate of a small room!? He actually meant to charge us the rate for a medium room though. 😅
So we sang, and sang and sang until it was time to go home. I think we all made it for the last train back. 🙆
We spent a lot of time catching up about life, school and inevitably the future as well. The other 3 are definitely going to be in the finance sector while I intend to break into the fashion industry somehow. It's just really fascinating how we've come so far since we were measly 13-year-olds to independent 21-year-olds right now.
All the time we spent looking back on our younger days made me miss the person I was back then - reckless, brave, courageous, carefree. As I grow older, I figured my responsibilities expand and my worries (probably) increase. I take lesser risks now and I sort of felt myself turning into an introvert but I refuse to believe I'll never be that person again.
So I cut out all the negativity in my life, people and thoughts included, and decided to be the person I was once again - reckless, brave, courageous, carefree. 😊
~~~~~~~~~~
That pretty much sums up how my week has been so far! 😌
Repaid my sleep debt the last 2 nights and woke up almost noon (😅) but don't think I've felt this light in a while.
Catching up with my K-drama now after spending the last weeks conquering Japanese anime/drama. 😁
Till next time~
Comments