Skip to main content

No matter if you're near or far, our bond will never break

"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each one of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us."
- Albert Schweitzer (1875-1965) 

Today's magic practice began with a very powerful quote and it put me in an extremely good mood filled with nothing but gratitude for the people who have helped me in some way or another.

As part of the practice, I chose 3 people to focus on and spoke out the reasons why I'm grateful for them.

True enough, at the end of it, I was overwhelmed with emotions and almost on the brink of tears not because I was sad of any sort but because I felt so much at ease after giving my thanks.

This might become one of my favourite magic practice.

This magic practice I speak of comes from Rhonda Byrne's the MAGIC, which I've religiously followed in the last 12 days.

The book begins with one of the most sensible quotes ever and it has become of my principles to live by:

Whoever has (gratitude) will be given more, and he or she will have an abundance. Whoever does not have (gratitude), even what he or she has will be taken from him or her.

It was then I realise life wasn't about the rich becoming richer and the poor becoming poorer. And that the fact that I seem stuck in this cycle of lack of is not because of my circumstances but because I've been vibrating thoughts of negativity and uneasiness, which only attracts more of the same kind.

I've been so rejuvenated ever since I began giving thanks every day and I can literally feel all the good things coming my way, it's really amazing.

The other time I went out, I was squirming about my seat and feeling uselessly excited that I accidentally blurted out: I'm feeling so excited about life!

Across me sat my confused friend who must have thought I was slightly crazy but nonetheless agreed it's good to be excited about life.

Point is, we all need to stop focusing on what others say or do and start focusing on what makes us feel good. When we feel good, things will fall into place.

And if you're worried about others? Don't be! Imagine and feel the way you want things to be and trust me, all will come true.

It's true when they say you can have anything and everything you want.

~~~~~~~~~~


Most days, I wake up feeling awesome while looking like a wreck but that's okay. Crazy hair all day, every day. 💁

I haven't done very much since I last updated but the one thing worth mentioning is I picked up my first permanent class!

My friends all know I've been working for a certain company since I graduated from JC.

In the 8 months I had to spare (before university began), I worked 5 days a week and was paid pretty well. (Thank you!) During the 8 months, my rates were raised twice and I passed my teaching practicum to be qualified to teach under the company.

Last year, I encountered some disagreements with the HR department and resigned from my position because I was fed up with the inconsistency. But I've to say I'm thankful the company converted me to an external teacher instead. I'm no longer bound by company politics and still benefited with the occasional relief assignments.

I've been relief teaching for a long time. When opportunities to have my own class surfaced, I turned them all down because I was afraid of the commitment. More importantly, back then I was afraid of being evaluated by parents and staff alike. I was afraid I wouldn't be good enough.

Ever since I began practicing the Law of Attraction, I took a plunge from my comfort zone over and over again but I emerged a better person each time. Which explains why I was firstly thankful when the opportunity resurfaced and secondly prepared to take up the job.

My focus on not enough money immediately turned into money-making opportunities when I turned my switch off from the lack and on to feeling grateful for whatever money I had. (Thank you!)

For my first class, I put together a rather... formal outfit I'd say.

Top: HollyHoque / Culottes: MDS / Shoes: C&K
Watch: Daniel Wellington

I was evidently excited to be at work.

Truth is, it used to be more of a chore and obligation because all I really wanted was extra cash but nowadays, I'm slowly learning to enjoy the entire teaching process.

I realise that in the 2 hours I spend with my P4s, they only have me to turn to and it's such a joy to hear them share their stories with me.

My Sunday mornings have become such a bliss now. (Thank you!)

Today, Shelty took his usual weekly bath.

I wonder why but Shelty really hates taking his baths. He runs away from Siti, my domestic helper, whenever she says: Shelty, let's pong pong~ He came to me for salvation today and I melted. 😌

But he didn't have a choice anyway.

After which, we closed my sister's room door because he's so used to jumping onto Siti's bed to rub off his smell and also because he shouldn't be jumping around so much with his weak joints.

As I went on with the day, Siti came out from the kitchen and whispered: Mei! Shelty sleeping your bed!


My handsomeeeeeeeeeeeeee 😍

I'm so blessed Shelty came into this home. He's brought so much laughter and fascination ever since and has become an indispensable part of the family. That's why I sometimes cry when I think about the day I've to send him off. 😞

It's very heartbreaking but I've made it a must-do to make every day a happy day for my old man. (Shelty's 9 this year.) I want to spend as much time as I can with him even if it means just lying around doing nothing. I think it'd mean as much to him as it does to me to spend time together.

Well, that's that!

On a side note, it's midweek tomorrow and the sister will be back! I'm so thankful she always comes back safely each time. (Thank you!)

Aunty Su, Uncle Oluf and Kelsey will arrive tomorrow night as well so the house will be packed with 8 people and 1 dog. (Times like this I find my 4-room flat so amazing for accommodating so many people. At one point, there were 10 people living here!)

But we're going to have so much fun together and I can't wait!

Going off to find my handsome now so have a great week ahead y'all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...