This weekend must have been one of the craziest I've had since a long time.
Although internship takes up half my day from Mondays to Fridays, I make it a point to never work overtime and to meet my friends once a week (at least).
I don't know about others but I, for one, cannot stand facing the computer 8-9 hours a day. Not only do my eyes get tired, I get tired too. Oh, and not to mention how stiff my back becomes that no amount of stretching will make that feeling go away.
I know I'm most productive in the morning and maybe 2 hours after lunch but to say I'm diligently working throughout that 8 and a half hours is a stretch.
Sometimes I just have so much work to do that I'm doing everything at one time but accomplishing nothing. Yet, I continue to feel uselessly stress and even dreamt about work twice (or thrice) last week.
I'm just so thankful I'm done with my first snippet and while I still have 2-3 other assignments on hand, everything is going well thus far. I never thought I'd have the opportunity to coordinate so many stories at the same time so I'm extremely excited and grateful.
Enough with work. I'm officially done with 4 weeks of internship and I got my first pay check on Friday. It's so rewarding to see my hard work pay off when my salary gets credited on the last working day of every month.
Oh, but I don't get paid just once a month.
Thanks to my side job as a tuition teacher, I spend 2 hours every Sunday morning with a class of lovable monsters who sometimes (but not all the time) drive me crazy enough to stall the entire class's progress. But they're such a joy to be around!
This weekend, though, I must have thought I was secretly superwoman or something because I agreed to relief teach 4 class yesterday and that burnt my entire Saturday from 10-6. And I, too, was burned by the end of the day.
Nonetheless, it was quite a... I'm not sure, enriching feeling?
I'm learning a lot nowadays and it makes everything so worthwhile.
Because of internship, I'm now a pro at picking up and returning loans/samples. Even though I was already very well-versed with Orchard road through the years of roaming the area, I got to enter shops and eat at places I never thought I would. I mean, I got to do a lot of things on my own and that makes me feel really good.
In the office, I'm either sending out/replying emails, researching for my stories or trying to put a good piece together only to end up fine-tuning it 4 times. Not that I mind but it gets tiring and sometimes a bit discouraging too.
This week seems like a better week already.
Tomorrow I'll be helping out my stylist with a shoot and Friday I'll be running around 9 different cafes with a photographer to get all the pictures we need for an upcoming article in April's issue. I have Wednesday to Friday to put together the remaining parts of my ongoing stories and prepare for new assignments to come in the following week.
Well, there's a lot of work to be done but I'm taking a step at a time. I try not to even think about work when I'm not working but they come naturally to me. Like, I find myself thinking: Oh, how about if I write from this angle? or Maybe this sentence might work better. or I wonder when she'll reply my email. It's crazy.
I think it might be an occupational hazard. (Overly attached to my job, probably.) But I have to stop before I go mad.
It's Monday all over again tomorrow so I'm going to go recharge for a couple of hours now.
We had to rush Shelty to the vet at 1AM this morning because he was retching for hours before that and we started to panic. I mean, I didn't think it'd be anything serious but we brought him in anyway and found out he had one swollen tonsil on the left side, which is not a serious case.
Our worries were unfounded thankfully and we came home 2AM.
I slept for about 5 hours before we all woke up and got ready to head down to Mandai to pray my father. My father eh...
Leaving that for another time.
Promise I'll have more pictures but in the meantime, enjoy the rest of Sunday!
Although internship takes up half my day from Mondays to Fridays, I make it a point to never work overtime and to meet my friends once a week (at least).
I don't know about others but I, for one, cannot stand facing the computer 8-9 hours a day. Not only do my eyes get tired, I get tired too. Oh, and not to mention how stiff my back becomes that no amount of stretching will make that feeling go away.
I know I'm most productive in the morning and maybe 2 hours after lunch but to say I'm diligently working throughout that 8 and a half hours is a stretch.
Sometimes I just have so much work to do that I'm doing everything at one time but accomplishing nothing. Yet, I continue to feel uselessly stress and even dreamt about work twice (or thrice) last week.
I'm just so thankful I'm done with my first snippet and while I still have 2-3 other assignments on hand, everything is going well thus far. I never thought I'd have the opportunity to coordinate so many stories at the same time so I'm extremely excited and grateful.
Enough with work. I'm officially done with 4 weeks of internship and I got my first pay check on Friday. It's so rewarding to see my hard work pay off when my salary gets credited on the last working day of every month.
Oh, but I don't get paid just once a month.
Thanks to my side job as a tuition teacher, I spend 2 hours every Sunday morning with a class of lovable monsters who sometimes (but not all the time) drive me crazy enough to stall the entire class's progress. But they're such a joy to be around!
This weekend, though, I must have thought I was secretly superwoman or something because I agreed to relief teach 4 class yesterday and that burnt my entire Saturday from 10-6. And I, too, was burned by the end of the day.
Nonetheless, it was quite a... I'm not sure, enriching feeling?
I'm learning a lot nowadays and it makes everything so worthwhile.
Because of internship, I'm now a pro at picking up and returning loans/samples. Even though I was already very well-versed with Orchard road through the years of roaming the area, I got to enter shops and eat at places I never thought I would. I mean, I got to do a lot of things on my own and that makes me feel really good.
In the office, I'm either sending out/replying emails, researching for my stories or trying to put a good piece together only to end up fine-tuning it 4 times. Not that I mind but it gets tiring and sometimes a bit discouraging too.
This week seems like a better week already.
Tomorrow I'll be helping out my stylist with a shoot and Friday I'll be running around 9 different cafes with a photographer to get all the pictures we need for an upcoming article in April's issue. I have Wednesday to Friday to put together the remaining parts of my ongoing stories and prepare for new assignments to come in the following week.
Well, there's a lot of work to be done but I'm taking a step at a time. I try not to even think about work when I'm not working but they come naturally to me. Like, I find myself thinking: Oh, how about if I write from this angle? or Maybe this sentence might work better. or I wonder when she'll reply my email. It's crazy.
I think it might be an occupational hazard. (Overly attached to my job, probably.) But I have to stop before I go mad.
It's Monday all over again tomorrow so I'm going to go recharge for a couple of hours now.
We had to rush Shelty to the vet at 1AM this morning because he was retching for hours before that and we started to panic. I mean, I didn't think it'd be anything serious but we brought him in anyway and found out he had one swollen tonsil on the left side, which is not a serious case.
Our worries were unfounded thankfully and we came home 2AM.
I slept for about 5 hours before we all woke up and got ready to head down to Mandai to pray my father. My father eh...
Leaving that for another time.
Promise I'll have more pictures but in the meantime, enjoy the rest of Sunday!
Comments