Skip to main content

Thankful Thursday E03

Resuming the Thankful Thursday series because I find it therapeutic to practice gratitude and it helps me remember the many things and people I am blessed with in life.

Instagram says we last met 22 weeks ago. It might sound like a long time but there was a three-year gap in our friendship and it wasn't easy getting back on track. We're doing a lot better these days and I honestly couldn't ask for more.

Today I met Angel!

Spent but a couple of hours chit-chatting over dinner, walking around town and into shops looking at clothes and shoes and bags before finally retiring for the night.

In our earlier meet-ups, I used to worry about not having anything to talk about. "What if the conversation went dead? Would the silence be awkward? I'm sure it'd be... We haven't met in ages," is what I used to think but I don't worry anymore.

And that's a good sign.


I think there's a reason why I aspire to be a writer (apart from the fact that words are all I have) but I just wanted to tell you that you are one very special lady and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. 
No, you are not exceptionally pretty or artistic or musically talented. Neither are you extremely intelligent. But you are special because there's only one of you. 
With the end of university comes bigger responsibilities as a working adult and your concern (about unemployment) is real but don't let that dampen your spirit. Don't let uncertainty lead you into making decisions you won't enjoy. Remember: You don't live for anyone else but you so you have to do what makes you happy. 
I may not be the best friend but I promise you can count on me in needy times and others. I may not be the wisest person but I could possibly be the wittiest! Whatever it is, I hope you know I'm always ready to listen and to share. 
I admittedly feel like a misfit in this society. I don't have huge ambitions or big dreams. I look crazy most of the time and I say the most bizarre things. I'm weird like that and I don't know how you do it but thank you for remaining my friend.
"A circle is round, it has no end. That's how long, I'll be your friend."

I can now sleep peacefully.

Friday, I'm ready for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...