Skip to main content

You learn to live with your crazy

I'm crazy, just slightly crazy. I'm crazy but maybe I'm not crazy after all?

I say the most bizarre things. I walk around with messy hair. I dress down on Mondays and dress up on Fridays. I talk shit with and to my friends. I stuff my face into Shelty’s belly every night. I have a weird obsession with stickers and clouds.

 I love walking around bare-footed. I love wearing my pyjamas. I love long walks, especially the ones that could last for hours. I love rolling in bed on Saturday nights while every one else is out.

 I’m strange like that.

Which makes me feel like a misfit in this society that’s all about fitting in.

I don’t depend on technology even though I use an iPhone 6: I keep a handwritten diary, I write letters, I record my daily expenditure, I take notes with a pen and paper, I print my readings if possible, I use highlighters and liquid paper, and the list could go on.

Yet I depend on technology at the same time: I scroll through Instagram every morning, I blog on the go, I take pictures with my i6, I watch YouTube videos when I’m bored, I check my email as and when, I read up on K-pop every day, and the list could go on.

I’m strange like that.

Which makes me feel like a misfit in this society that’s all about fitting in.

There are still days I wake up feeling like I don’t belong anywhere. There are still nights I cry myself to sleep. There are still times I miss the people who are gone and imagine what afterlife would be like reuniting with them.

There’s a part of me that’s all about self-loving. And a part of me that holds onto all the bad, self-destructive emotions. There’s a part of me that’s so good at listening to and comforting others. And a part of me that’s so good at self-bashing. There’s a part of me that advocates only the good things. And a part of me that’s filled with negative messages about me.

I’m strange like that.

Which makes me feel like a misfit in this society that’s all about fitting in.

I laugh too much, and sometimes too loudly. I care too much, and sometimes too loudly. I love too much, and sometimes too loudly. And sometimes, too much just isn’t any good.

I forgive too easily. I hand out second chances too easily. I get attached to people and animals too easily. I fall too easily.

But everything that used to happen too easily doesn’t happen anymore because I have walls up, very high up.

But I want to laugh loudly, care loudly and love loudly. I want to forgive easily, hand out second chances easily and get attached to people easily.

I’m strange like that. 

Which makes me feel like a misfit in this society that’s all about fitting in.

Comments

Unknown said…
You're not a misfit in society Love YA <3

Guess who HEEHEE
Unknown said…
Oh wait my name's there... hahahahahah ^^"

Popular posts from this blog

Murhphy's Law

" Why don't you take a loan? " " Is it worth it? " " I don't know but I know you wanna go. " ---------- Today, the bestf introduced me to one of Murphy's Laws. (I just Googled it and realize he has many laws.) Anyway, the one most relevant to my life right now is the one that states anything that can go wrong, will go wrong  and I guess the bestf had all the reasons to share Murphy's Law with me. The sister and I brought Shelty to see his doctor today. We were half-sure his doctor would suggest surgery so we tried our best to mentally prepare ourselves for the blow. Nothing too unexpected except the cost . Of course, I'd say $2-2.5k for a surgery of that scale is considerably reasonable. After all, Shelty's got dislocated hips (hence the disjoined joints). But, nonetheless, $2-2.5k is something we never imagined. Not before and definitely not now with all the debts we've to pay off. We had a long day. Both the ...

JULY'15 LOOTS OF THE MONTH

There's a fridge magnet on my refrigerator that very aptly describes me when it comes to my shopping. The teeter actually bought it for me when we were in the U.K two years ago and till today, nothing has changed. I have shopped all my life and still have nothing to wear. That's right, that's me. But, to be fair, I actually make it a point to clear my clothes once or twice a year because we do not have enough storage to hold all the clothes my teeter and I have together. Not just clothes, of course. I clear out my bags, shoes and lingerie too. So once again, it is the time of the month to share all the ahem  amazing items I bought. If you're wondering, and if you've been following, I did do a bit of shopping in the U.K. Not much because that wasn't the main objective of our trip but I enjoyed browsing through the racks of clothes at New Look, possibly my favourite brand in the U.K, and Aldo. Shopping in Singapore is still quite the experience for me n...

I remember

It's Sunday night all over again. I can hear slight drizzle against the window panes and I'm watching the lights on the other building go out. People must be heading to bed and I wonder: Do they dread waking up to Monday? Do they hate Monday? Do their bodies feel unusually heavy on Monday mornings? Do they drag their feet into office? It was a surprisingly tough day today. But it reminded me of the conversations I had with Ains. " You're really too nice. That's why people always bully you, " she said. I knew this for a long time but I was thinking of the best way to construe my personality without sounding like a pushover because I'm not. I simply developed a sizable threshold for bullshit over the years. I suppose it is my way of maintaining zen and a passive way to show I'm backing down because I believe there's no reason putting up a fight against anyone who has decided not to give me a real chance even before the argument began. To some, when I...